6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 8:47 AM by rukbat RSS

daemon error in solaris 11

Hi guys,

thanks for helping out with this. I am running solaris 11 on a T2000 server.

When I powered on the system, I received this error

2013-08-21T01:28:54-04:00 solaris11 in.ndpd[991]: [ID 302683 daemon.error] incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interface net0): Invalid argument

Please can someone help explain what this is and how i can fixed it?

I will really appreciate it.

Thank you

Arrey

• 1. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

Moderator Comment:

The O.P. had already cross-posted this to at least one other online forum:

http://www.unix.com/solaris/233757-daemon-error-solaris-11-a.html

To O.P.:

It would have been polite for you to have provided the reference and not let others do it for you.

That allows people to NOT duplicate the efforts you may have received elsewhere.

• 2. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

I apologize for the duplicate. I was just desperate to fix a problem I did not understand. I will take down the duplicate post from the other site.

Thanks for understanding.

• 3. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

988801 wrote:

I apologize for the duplicate. I was just desperate to fix a problem I did not understand. I will take down the duplicate post from the other site.

Thanks for understanding.

You do not have to remove any other cross-post from any other web site.

You simply need to let people know you have posted your inquiry elsewhere.

That would be how to do considerate etiquette.

• 4. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I appreciate it. I am have taking the other post down already.

Thanks though.  Let me take this opportunity to ask you this;

Is there any material for troubleshooting solaris 11? I am just starting out, so it really gets confusing.

Thank you

• 5. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

988801 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I appreciate it. I am have taking the other post down already.

Thanks though.  Let me take this opportunity to ask you this;

Is there any material for troubleshooting solaris 11? I am just starting out, so it really gets confusing.

Thank you

I have no idea.

I have no recent hands-on familiarity with that sort of error.

You will need to wait and hope that others reply to any of your forum posts.

A quick Google search on "incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO" shows only three search results.

It shows your two forum posts and an old README of a build update from 2009 that mentions bug fixes in the old OpenIndiana project.   If that's any indication, then it may be a simple patch issue.

Again, wait and hope that others choose to respond.

• 6. Re: daemon error in solaris 11

I appreciate your effort.

Thank you very much