This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 7:39 AM by mchurichi RSS

How to use the rule MessageFromExtr?

mchurichi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

I'm trying to put dynamically a multiline text with some paragraphs in bold, and as I can see the best way to achieve this is using the rule MessageFromExtr, but I'm not able to do it successfuly.

Currently I have the data mapped through the XDD record "TESTXDD" from my XML input file with the MOVE_IT rule, a section "TESTSECTION", with the field "TESTFIELD" who has the MESSAGEFROMEXTR rule,

This a the section in the XML where the data is set:

<TEST VALUE="aslkdalsd &lt;Font:11110&gt;bold&lt;Font&gt; adasdasd"/>

I don't understand how should be done this, in the help file RULES.CHM is mentioned something about a "DataDictionary" section in some INI file, but I cannot get it at all.

This is the error I'm getting when I run the process.

[10:04:26AM] Error: Company - LINEOFBUSINESS LOB - DNO Transaction 1312
[10:04:26AM] Error: DM10405: in MESSAGEFROMEXTR: Unknown parameter in field rule. Field <TESTFIELD>
[10:04:26AM] Error: DM10411: in MESSAGEFROMEXTR: Image <KICK_TO_WIP_SECTION> Could not parse RuleParms <>
[10:04:26AM] Error: DM12051: in RPProcessOneField(): Unable to execute rule: <MESSAGEFROMEXTR>. Current Image is <TESTSECTION>
[10:04:26AM] Error: DM12048: in RPProcessFields(): Unable to RPProcessOneField(pRPS) <TESTFIELD>. Processing will continue for image <TEST>. See INI group:<GenDataStopOn> option: FieldErrors
[10:04:29AM] Error: An error occurred during processing.

I'm using Documaker v12.1.

Can anyone give me a clue about how should be set this?

Thanks in Advance,

Max.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points