This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 9:18 AM by Jeff Smith SQLDev PM RSS

Developer minor issues

Gamblesk Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Couple of Sql Developer quality of life things.

1) Reports Autorefresh steals focus.

There are times I would like to have a report refreshing occasionally on my second

monitor this is impossible with SQL Developer stealing the focus when the report refreshes.

2) Mouse scroll wheel does not seem to work anywhere that there is a drop down list of connections.

3) When running a report as a script the output appears to be run through the same formatter that the

editor uses. Don't think this is needed.

4) reports of type script seem to be padded with spaces.

I have a select statement in a child report (type script) that generates sql commands that I can then

cut and paste into SQL*Plus  to run. Those commands get padded with spaces on the right to such

a length that they exceed the length that SQL*Plus can handle on one line. Below is one example

but I have others some are shorter than others and they cut and paste fine. I am not sure what decides

the padding on the report.

I run this select as the query in the child.

select 'var output_number number;

BEGIN

:output_number:=DBMS_SPM.ALTER_SQL_PLAN_BASELINE (

sql_handle=>'''||:SQL_HANDLE||''',

plan_name=>'''||:PLAN_NAME||''',

attribute_name =>''FIXED'',

attribute_value =>''YES'');

END;

/

print :output_number;' Command from dual;

Which produces this output when executed. Not sure if it will come    through the forums but each

line is padded out to ~265 characters after being cut and paste from SQL*Developer. My version

of SQL*Plus seems to have a 258 character limit for one line. I left the below exactly the

way the paste happened. It should look more like the above.

var output_number number;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

BEGIN                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

:output_number:=DBMS_SPM.ALTER_SQL_PLAN_BASELINE (                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

sql_handle=>'SQL_1f0b9fc467db48b3',                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

plan_name=>'SYS_OUTLINE_130724085620759',                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

attribute_name =>'FIXED',                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

attribute_value =>'YES');                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

END;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

print :output_number;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

The first line 'var output_number number' is the only thing displayed (across 2 lines )

and my cursor gets stuck until I CTRL-C. Like I mentioned above this seems to be a

SQL*Plus issue on my platform but I still think developer should not pad with that

man spaces.

If I paste it into notepad first and trim all the spaces from the end I am able to then

copy from notepad and paste into SQL*Plus.