This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 2:41 AM by Asif Muhammad RSS

R12 application performance tuning.

Kumar_Jaga Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have the r12 apps instance which is running in oracle linux 4 update 5 32 bit.

DB-11.1.0.7

Apps-12.1.3

Normally in os level its showing load 20 to 30, so I can't access the application.

Because of this issue the instance is very slow.

Please help me to sove this issue.

--Kumar

• 1. Re: R12 application performance tuning.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I have the r12 apps instance which is running in oracle linux 4 update 5 32 bit.

R12 requires at least 4 GB of RAM and with 32-bit OS you can't take advantage of utilizing more memory. If you consider migrating to 64-bit OS, then I believe you would notice improvement in performance.

Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 (Doc ID 343917.1) -- 4. What are the benefits of running Oracle E-Business Suite on x86-64?

If this is for personal use, you may try mdtaylor suggestions in this thread -- https://forums.oracle.com/thread/493428

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: R12 application performance tuning.
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi Kumar,

As pointed out by Hussein, you cant expect to have a better performance  with a 4GB RAM utilization by the OS. I suggest you to to migrate to 64bit OS if you have memory greater than 4GB

Please also refer note:

How Determine The Hardware Specification : CPU, DISK, RAM (Memory) For E-Business R12.1.x Installation? (Doc ID 789438.1)

Just to troubleshoot with your issue, try running ADDM report to get a quick review of the current situation. Also ensure you have Gather Schema Statistic program scheduled.

But anyhow, I dont thing you can expect a greater performance boost.

Let us know if there are any further concerns.

Thanks &

Best Regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points