1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 8:43 AM by Arun# RSS

Need Help to Configure application Server

DBA_Zeropoint

Dear All,

I am new to Application server. I prepared application server 10.1.2.3.0 on windows server 2003. I also did configuration. But i did all this according to local documents & my senior person instructions. The difficulty is this i don't have understanding to role of this configurations i.e what is the role/function of any specific configuration in application server. For example the following files/configurations were given to me to copy/replace or do in AS.

> JAVA folder

> Webutil folder

> default.env

> fmrpcweb.res

> fmrweb.res

> forms.conf

> formsweb

> unifont.ali

> webutil files (webutilbase, webutiljini, webutiljpi)

> registry.dat

> httpd.conf

And Some Registry items like:

o REPORTS_PATH  o REPORTS_JPEG_QUALITY_FACTOR o REPORTS_OUTPUTIMAGEFORMAT o REPORTS_TMP o FORMS_MMAP o REPORTS_ARABIC_NUMERAL.

Any experienced guy please help me to have understanding of role/functioning of these configurations. I shall be very thankful.

• 1. Re: Need Help to Configure application Server
          Arun#

Dear Waqas,

• Webutil configuration is used in Oracle Application Server 10g for facilitating file upload / download.
          • deafult.env contains environment settings for Forms runtime and can be found in the ORACLE_HOME/forms/server directory. On Solaris, default.env should include the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
          • formsweb.cfg :

Values for Forms runtime command line parameters, as well as the name of the environment file to use (envFile setting).

Most of the servlet configuration parameter settings that you set during installation. You can modify these parameters, if needed.

Please refer http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B14099_19/web.1012/b14032/basics002.htm for further reference.

Regds,

Arun