9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 1:31 PM by Activesometimes-Oracle RSS

Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date

David Weber
      Hi,

with the standard order workflow (Order Flow - Generic) the Sales Orders get scheduled at a certain moment. Whenever this happens, the schedule ship date gets calculated.

But I would like to manually enter a schedule ship date and then of course I do not want that the Scheduling changes this date afterwards (for example when I make changes to the Order).

Does anybody know how I can prevent that the system automatically calculates my Schedule Ship Date? But still I want to reserve on-hand inventory to my sales orders lines, which is another feature of the Scheduling process.

So from this Scheduling in OM I want only the reservation feature, but not the automatic calculation of Schedule Ship Date.

Thanks in advance,
      David.

Btw. we have EBS 11.5.10.2
        • 1. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
          David Weber
          Anybody any ideas?

I tried now by changing the setup of the transaction types, to set field "scheduling level" to "Inactive Demand with Reservation" but this did not help. Still my schedule ship date gets calculated automatically and therefore overwrites my manually entered schedule ship date.

Thanks,
          David.
          • 2. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
            Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
            Check if you have any defaulting rules
            OM > Setup > Rules > Defaulting > Order management, Order line > Schedule ship date
            • 3. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
              David Weber
              Hi,

I checked Defaulting Rules, Forms Personalizations and Custom.PLL and nothing contains some code to change the Schedule Ship Date programatically.

Does anybody here use Order Management without ATP? How do you handle the Schedule Ship Date in a non-ATP environment?

Thanks,
              David.
              • 4. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                Did you check the OM Line workflow?
                It probably has a step that defaults the SSD.
                • 5. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                  David Weber
                  Hi,

yes certainly the workflow has such a step. We use the standard Generic Flow, and as far as I know there is a step "schedule line" which is for example calculating the schedule ship date or setting the visible demand flag. However according to the OM implementation guide one can control this behavior by setting the "scheduling method" in the OM transaction types definition to some value like "Inactive Demand with Reservation". I tried this but it still calculates and overwrites my manually entered schedule ship date.

Actually I wanted to prevent to use customizations, but it seems that we will have to create a customized workflow without the scheduling action (or at least without the calculation of the schedule ship date). I was also thinking about forms personalizations or customizations in custom.pll or so, but the problem is that I can not distinguish between an update of the schedule ship date done by a user or done by the system :-/ I still want to allow users to enter the schedule ship date, only the system shall not change it with scheduling.

regards,
                  David.

Btw. I opened now a SR for the fact that the "scheduling method" set to "Inactive Demand with Reservation" does not work as described in the OM implementation guide. But I fear that I will get the response that we should not use schedule ship date for manual entry... which is not really helpful for me.
                  • 6. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                    Hi

Setting the scheduling - Inactive Demand with Reservations or Inactive Demand without Reservations should resolve your issue for sure.I just did my test and system is not overwriting my SSD dates.
                    Please check Profile Option
                    OM: AutoSchedule
                    as well as make sure that Auto Schedule is not checked in transaction type forms and Tools

I have posted this is my blog long back ...

eoracleapps.blogspot.com
                    • 7. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                      David Weber
                      Hi,

I found the related post on your blog, thanks for this. Profile option OM: Auto Schedule is NULL, which means "NO" according to the manuals... so this should be ok.

Auto Schedule is disabled in my transaction types. But I noticed now that the Scheduling Level is set to "Inactive Demand with Reservations" only on order line level, not for the order headers. Must have missed that one... I'll change this transaction type now too and try again.

Thanks,
                      David.
                      • 8. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                        User569482-OC

Hi,

I have same requirment, I have setup "Inactive Demand with Reservations"  and OM: Auto Schedule = NO  and but didnot work for me.

But didnot work any other workaroun?

Thanks,

Balwant

• 9. Re: Disable automatic updates of Schedule Ship Date
                          Activesometimes-Oracle

Do not hijack other's thread..

Please start a new thread with details like what are you trying to do and what has not worked..

Providing schedule details like Warehouse, Schedule Ship date/Schedule Arrival date will cause system to check if that line can be fulfilled or not with given info.., you may see that scheduling activity will not get completed in case of lack of inventory.