Thanks for your contribution to find solution to my problem.
In the first place I wanted to direct my problem to the forum that deals with Database 11g Enterprise Edition but I can't find it. Please if I am in a wrong place kindly direct me.
Really I can't specify where the problem actually is. Probably if I give the installation procedure I went through and specified Error messages, one may be able to help me.
Installation Option: - Create and configure database was selected
System Class: -Sever Class was selected
Oracle Database Installation= Succeeded
· Prepare= Succeeded
· Copy files= Succeeded
· Setup files= Succeeded
Oracle database configuration= Succeeded
· Oracle Net Configuration Assistant=Succeeded
· Oracle database configuration Assistant=Ignored
· Oracle configuration Manager Configuration (optional)=Succeeded
In the process of the Install Product the following Error messages displayed:
1. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em.ear
2. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em\em.war
3. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\ctx\admin\dr0ulib.sql.sbs
4. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\db2gc
5. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\oc4j_DBConsole\config\system-applications.xml
6. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\oc4j_DBConsole\config\system-jazn-data.xml
7. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em.ear
8. Template General_Purpose.dbc does not exist. Please specify an existing template for database creation> OK was selected
9.[INS-20802] Oracle Database Configuration Assistant failed> skip was selected>Finish.
I opened firefox browser and typed https://godis:1158/em (‘godis ‘as name of the laptop hosting the installation) but the following error message displayed in the browser:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at godis:1158.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
I clicked Start>All Programs>Oracle-db11g_home1>Configuration and Migration Tools>Database Configuration Assistant and followed screen instructions to configure orcl database but at the end of the configuration the following error displayed:-
Enterprise Manager Configuration failed due to the following error:-
Error instantiating OC4J Configuration files. Refer to the log file at C:\app\godis\cfgtoollogs\dbca\orcl\emConfig.log for more details. You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise Manager later by manually running C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\emca Script
When I ran the emca.bat file it splashed without achieving any positive result
I checked C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\install\portlist configuration settings file but there is no port number enlisted in the file. It is totally empty
I reinstalled and changed the System Class from Server Class to Desktop Class but the same experience
I will appreciate if some can help me solve the problem since this is my first attempt on Enterprise Edition. I need the help of an expert