1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 25, 2013 2:27 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

I can't access Database 11g EE in the browser

Godis-Tei

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your contribution to find solution to my problem.

In the first place I wanted to direct my problem to the forum that deals with Database 11g Enterprise Edition but I can't find it. Please if I am in a wrong place kindly direct me.

Really I can't specify where the problem actually is. Probably if I give the installation procedure I went through and specified Error messages, one may be able to help me.

Installation Option: - Create and configure database was selected

System Class: -Sever Class was selected

Install Product:-

Oracle Database Installation= Succeeded

· Prepare= Succeeded

· Copy files= Succeeded

· Setup files= Succeeded

Oracle database configuration= Succeeded

· Oracle Net Configuration Assistant=Succeeded

· Oracle database configuration Assistant=Ignored

· Oracle configuration Manager Configuration (optional)=Succeeded

In the process of the Install Product the following Error messages displayed:

1. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em.ear

2. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em\em.war

3. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\ctx\admin\dr0ulib.sql.sbs

4. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\db2gc

5. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\oc4j_DBConsole\config\system-applications.xml

6. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\oc4j_DBConsole\config\system-jazn-data.xml

7. File not found C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\oc4j_applications\applications\em.ear

8. Template General_Purpose.dbc does not exist. Please specify an existing template for database creation> OK was selected

9.[INS-20802] Oracle Database Configuration Assistant failed> skip was selected>Finish.

I opened firefox browser and typed https://godis:1158/em (‘godis ‘as name of the laptop hosting the installation) but the following error message displayed in the browser:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at godis:1158.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I clicked Start>All Programs>Oracle-db11g_home1>Configuration and Migration Tools>Database Configuration Assistant and followed screen instructions to configure orcl database but at the end of the configuration the following error displayed:-

Enterprise Manager Configuration failed due to the following error:-

Error instantiating OC4J Configuration files. Refer to the log file at C:\app\godis\cfgtoollogs\dbca\orcl\emConfig.log for more details. You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise Manager later by manually running C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\emca Script

When I ran the emca.bat file it splashed without achieving any positive result

I checked C:\app\godis\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\install\portlist configuration settings file but there is no port number enlisted in the file. It is totally empty

I reinstalled and changed the System Class from Server Class to Desktop Class but the same experience

I will appreciate if some can help me solve the problem since this is my first attempt on Enterprise Edition. I need the help of an expert

Regard

Godis-Tei