2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 6:54 AM by 973193 RSS

Oracle Workflow FYI Notification with No OK Button

Hi...

I have been searching this forum for a solution to a particular requirement,but was not successful in retreiving any..the requirement is as follows:

I have to send a FYI Notification to a particular user and this FYI Notification would not have any buttons...not even the OK button.

The user will have a link which will redirect him to an OAF page and from that form,depending on his action the notification will get closed from the back-end.

Is there any way we can send a FYI notification without any button,or suppress the OK button from a FYI Notification.

Please help....

Thanks and Regards

Avishek Biswas

• 1. Re: Oracle Workflow FYI Notification with No OK Button
          mickeru

FYI notifications do not have to have an OK button within them but can include a link back to the transaction in the applications.  You'll need to create a new node within your workflow to generate an FYI notification and based on the result from the action, close or move on to another node in the workflow.  You'll need to create a new procedure within your workflow package for the node you create in the workflow.  There are many workflows that have this same functionality that you're trying to achieve.  Off the top of my head I can think of a couple seeded Oracle workflows that we currently use, IExpense and Labor Distribution Adjustments both have FYI notifications with a link to the transaction in the application and based on the result from the transaction, closes the notification and moves the user either to another node or to the end of the workflow.

• 2. Re: Oracle Workflow FYI Notification with No OK Button

Hi mickeru,

Thanks for the response...I had almost given up hope.....

Can you suggest me how to hide the OK button from the FYI for a particular workflow.Is there any option/setting within the WFT to disable/hide the OK button??

I have tried to hide the OK button but was not successful in it...

Please help...!!

Thanks and Regards

Avishek Biswas