This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 11:57 AM by JTF85 RSS

HFM report showing 0/#value

RIM Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Guys,

I have an ICP report which some of my HFM my users are all flocking to for some reason. The report came from one person and it works perfectly on her pc. Whenever users open this function/formula format report, all they see are #numericzeros or #value based on their options. They all have access to view the information but they simply cannot. It workers for the person who sends the report, but doesn't for anyone else. Even when i insert my private connection name in the formula it doesn't work.

Current formula: =-HsGetValue("Account#"&$A$5&";Entity#"&$B10&";Year#"&$A$4&";Scenario#"&$A$1&";View#"&$A$2&";Period#"&$A$3&";ICP#"&C$4&";")

My change: =-HsGetValue("Prodserver","Account#"&$A$5&";Entity#"&$B7&";Year#"&$A$4&";Scenario#"&$A$1&";View#"&$A$2&";Period#"&$A$3&";ICP#"&C$4&";")

POV values:

S: ACTUAL

View: YTD

E: Changes/ cell ref

A: intercorecpay

Y: 2013

P: July

ICP: changes/ cell ref

C1: Not listed

C2: Not listed

C3: Not listed

C4: Not listed

At first i thought of adding in c1-c4 as topc1-topc4 but it works for the owner of this file so i don't think that would make a difference. Is it something in the way the file was transferred? I'm just really looking for answers or suggestions. I'm more familiiar with Ad Hoc.

• 1. Re: HFM report showing 0/#value
    JTF85 Journeyer

Have you checked the users POV in Functions->Manage POV?  I think in 9.3 and 11.1.1.3 it was called POV Manager.  They could have a saved POV that they use to manage C1-C4, if that is set to the top.

Also you may want to just verify security, the generated ICP reports within HFM will kind of bipass security so that if they have access to the partner they can see the data, this doesn't translate in SmartView so you have to actually have access to the entity to see the data.  The easiest way to see if it's security or actually showing zeros would be to set the display options to show NoAccess as NoAccess and zeros as Missing to be able to see the differences easily.

Regards
    JTF

• 2. Re: HFM report showing 0/#value
    RIM Newbie

I did think it was a security issue at first but the #noaccess doesn't show up. Plus i have more access then everyone and all i see is zeros or #value if i change my display to anything other than #numericzero. I did recreate a small slice of the report as an adhoc report and i was able to pull data. I think the report got corrupted. But its sooooo big to rebuild!

Also, if i do rebuild it as an AdHoc report, will i be able to send it to different users? In the function reports, all you have to do is edit the connection name and that will allow any user to connect privately. Is that the same for Adhoc? Can anyone open it from there pc?

-Raiesa

• 3. Re: HFM report showing 0/#value
    JTF85 Journeyer

There can be formatting issues when using ad-hoc, I still might take a look at the POV Manager before trying to rebuild the report, as SmartView will default to whatever is in the POV Manager if a dimension is not included in the HSGetValue formula.

As to your question, the answer depends on the version, in some versions (I know 9.3) the sheet level options were not really retained within the worksheet, so things like formatting or suppression can get thrown off if the sheet is shared and everyone does not have the same options selected.  If the options are the same, you can change the connection using connection manager in 9.3 and 11.1.1.3 or the Connections dropdown in 11.1.2.2

JTF

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points