1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 5:23 AM by keerthioaf RSS

VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi All,

I have done a vo extension. After taking apache bounce, I observed my extended VO name in about this page.But, when i went to that extend VO to check the query, the query is same as standard query..it did not display my custom query which i have done during the extension. Please provide a solution for this.

Thank u

• 1. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
          Shddn

Did you change the custom VO query in expert mode. What steps you followed ?

Regards

Shobhit S

• 2. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi,

Steps followed:

1) Found the VO that needs to be extended and downloaded all the class files from server to local machine (my classes)

2)Using jdev10g, created a workspace->project -->New View Object for extension

3)expert mode enabled while modifying the query(just changed the table name of the query) and compliled the project, it gave one error in one of the method in  VORowImpl saying data type is different, I changed the datatype of that method from Number to string though its attribute datatype is Number...Then compiled the project ,class files generated in myclasses, moved the class files to server.

4)Ran Jpx Import script and then took apache bounce.

Name of the extended vo is getting displayed in about this page, but the query is unchanged in it.

• 3. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
              keerthioaf

Hi there ,

Can you share the jpx content ?

Also Click on about this page - > expand all - > click on view object link - > there you find and drop down , check which VO is getting defaulted .

--Keerthi

• 4. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi,

while compiling this VO extension, we encountered an error as follows:

Error(397,19): method getShipFromLocId() in class xx.oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.xxIsupVOExRowImpl cannot override method getShipFromLocId() in class oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.PosViewResultsVORowImpl with different return type, was class java.lang.String

The data type of column ship_from_location_id in the view pos_view_asn is number..Now i have change the above method (getShipFromLocId())return type to String and then compiled it.Class files got generated and moved those to server

will this have any effect.

Here is the Jpx

JPX file:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252' ?>

<!DOCTYPE JboProject SYSTEM "jbo_03_01.dtd">

<JboProject

Name="IsupVOExt"

SeparateXMLFiles="true"

PackageName="" >

<DesignTime>

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames22" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.samplelib.server.SampleBrowserAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames21" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.DebugALabAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames20" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.FlexfieldAM" />

<Attr Name="_ejbPackage" Value="false" />

<Attr Name="_NamedConnection" Value="CON-DEV2" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames19" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.EmployeeAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames18" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.SupplierSAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames17" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.HomeAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames16" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.DebugBLabAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames15" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.DebugLabAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames14" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.GanttAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames13" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.HelloWorldAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames12" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.UpdateAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames11" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.DeleteAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames10" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.HomeAM" />

<Attr Name="_version" Value="10.1.3.41.57" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames9" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.PoSummaryAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames8" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.MultistepCreateAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames7" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.PurchaseOrderSAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames6" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.CreateAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames5" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.SearchAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames4" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.lov.server.TutorialLOVAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames3" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.lov.server.LabSolutionsLOVAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames2" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.schema.server.EmployeeVAM" />

<Attr Name="_jprName" Value="IsupVOExt.jpr" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames1" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.schema.server.SupplierVAM" />

<Attr Name="_appModuleNames0" Value="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.schema.server.PurchaseOrderVAM" />

</DesignTime>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="mycompany.oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.schema.server.server"

ObjectType="JboPackage" >

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="mycompany.oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.labsolutions.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.lov.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.poplist.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.samplelib.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.schema.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.fnd.framework.toolbox.tutorial.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="isp"

FullName="oracle.apps.pos.isp.isp"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.server"

</Containee>

<Containee

Name="server"

FullName="xx.oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.server"

</Containee>

<Substitutes>

<Substitute OldName ="oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.PosViewResultsVO" NewName ="xx.oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.XXPOSViewResultsVOEX" />

</Substitutes>

</JboProject>

• 5. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

I had also got another error while doing the extension

Illegal name.It is either a reserved word or an object of the given name already exists. J'processingstatus'

I have ignored it and went ahead.

• 6. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
                    Shddn

Hi

Why are you creating custom java code for your VO. are you doing any custom code in it can you please confirm. If you dont need do not create java for extended VO and then try.

Regards

Shobhit S

• 7. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
                      Activesometimes-Oracle

For jpx file, you just need substitutes node. Remove all other put in server. Run JPXImporter to import this. If you have generated VOImpl.java and VORowImpl.java files then compile them in Server so that you will not get any errors.. All dependent objects will be available in your java top.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252' ?>

<!DOCTYPE JboProject SYSTEM "jbo_03_01.dtd">

<JboProject

Name="IsupVOExt"

SeparateXMLFiles="true"

PackageName="" >

<Substitutes>

<Substitute OldName ="oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.PosViewResultsVO" NewName ="xx.oracle.apps.pos.isp.server.XXPOSViewResultsVOEX" />

</Substitutes>

</JboProject>

• 8. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi Shddn,

I am not writing any custom java code in VO .

• 9. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi  All,

Below is the query i am trying to extend

select SHIPMENT_NUM, SHIPPED_DATE, EXPECTED_RECEIPT_DATE, FREIGHT_CARRIER_CODE,

INVOICE_NUM, WAYBILL_AIRBILL_NUM, NUM_OF_CONTAINERS, FREIGHT_TERMS,

BILL_OF_LADING, PACKING_SLIP, PACKING_CODE, VENDOR_NAME, VENDOR_SITE_CODE,

SPECIAL_HANDLING_CODE, TAR_WEIGHT, TAR_WEIGHT_UOM_CODE, NET_WEIGHT,

NET_WEIGHT_UOM_CODE, COMMENTS, 'ProcessingStatus',

'PROCESSING_STATUS_DSP',

'CancellationStatus',

'CANCELLATION_STATUS_DSP',

VENDOR_ID, VENDOR_SITE_ID, PAYMENT_STATUS_FLAG, VENDOR_NUMBER, CREATION_DATE,

'' INV_SWITCH,

HEADER_ID    ,

SHIP_FROM_LOCATION_ID SHIP_FROM_LOC_ID,

location_code SHIP_FROM_LOC_CODE,

'' as ASN_PO_NUMBER,

'' as ASN_SUPPLIER_ITEM_NUMBER,

'' as SHIP_TO_LOCATION_CODE,

'' as ASN_ITEM_NUMBER

from POS_VIEW_ASN

while doing extension in JDEV 10g without modifying the query, if i press next button,then it is giving notification as

Notification - Illegal name.It is either a reserved word or an object of the given name already exists. J'processingstatus'

and again pressing next(ignoring above notification) it is giving an error as

Error : each row in the query result columns must be mapped to a unique query attribute in the mapped entity columns.

Now, if i modify the table name from pos_view_asn to xx_pos_view_asn(defined in db and having the same attirutes as pos_view_asn) which is the only change i have to do for this extension, above error  and notification are displayed.

Please suggest a solution on this.

Thank u.

• 10. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
                            Shddn

Is this VO entity object based VO ? Also can you please try unchecking generate java in custom VO

Regards

Shobhit S

• 11. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi All,

Hi shobhit,

This VO is not EO based VO....As said above, I am unable to perform its extension as it is giving an error.

• 12. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
                                Shddn

Hi

Can you try not generating custom java code for your custom view object and run xml importer

• 13. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected

Hi Shobhit,

I have tried as you have said above, after taking bounce ..I went to that page and about this page-->I was able to see my extended vo name -->I was able to see the customized query

then again i went back to the page and queried for a particular supplier and pressed go(Navigation:ISupplier-->Advance Shipment Lines),Now again went to About this page and able to see my extended VO name but the query in it got changed to standard One's.

Thank you.

• 14. Re: VO Extension- Extended vo name is reflected but custom query not reflected
                                    Shddn

so is it creating any issue in your testing ?

Regards

Shobhit S

1 2 Previous Next