This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 12:06 AM by Prateek G RSS

Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"

Prateek G Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I am getting following error-

05:21:52,006 INFO  [STDOUT] Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices" atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet

05:21:52,013 INFO  [STDOUT] **** Error

05:21:52,064 INFO  [STDOUT] Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices" atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

I have checked the config path of both components and the structure of servlet is as below-

src/com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.java  and  src/com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet.java.java

And for the properties files I have created them under the path- config/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline  and  config/atg/dynamo/servlet/pipeline

Inside these I am keeping the FacebookAuthStatusServlet.properties and FacebookProfileRequestServlet.properties files

The path of Initial.properties is as below- config/atg/dynamo/servlet/Initial.properties

The content of Initial.properties is -

initialServices+=\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet,\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

Should I need to keep the both pipeline- dafpipeline and pipeline or only one of them?

And my pipeline structure is correct or not?

How to resolve the above error?

Please help regarding this!

Regards,

Prateek

• 1. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Rajeev_R Journeyer

The error says that unable to resolve /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet but as per your explanation you don't have a component in this path and you haven't mentioned that where you have referred this component.

Check for any other Initial.properties in your project work space and remove any reference to this component. Easy way to have a search in eclipse with this component name in all properties files and see it is referenced anywhere. Replace all references with /atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

Please give more details on the below queries

PrateekG wrote:

Should I need to keep the both pipeline- dafpipeline and pipeline or only one of them?

And my pipeline structure is correct or not?

Cheers

R

• 2. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

My pipeline servlets are as-

src/com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.java

src/com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet.java

And I am putting the properties files for the above under two folder structure as below-

config/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline

config/atg/dynamo/servlet/pipeline

So I am asking should I keep the properties files of servlet under dafpipeline or pipeline folder or in both folder structure?

Currently I am keeping the properties files in both folder structure.

Regards,

Prateek

• 3. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

The content of config/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.properties is as below-

$class=com.progiweb.fbconnect.pipeline.FacebookAuthStatusServlet

$scope=global

serviceInfo=This servlet handle facebook redirection if it's a new user.

insertAfterServlet=/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

redirect=true

redirectURI=register.jsp

profileUpdater=/fbconnect/userprofiling/FacebookProfileUpdater

loggingDebug=false

And the content of config/atg/dynamo/servlet/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.properties is as below-

$class=com.progiweb.fbconnect.pipeline.FacebookAuthStatusServlet

$scope=global

serviceInfo=This servlet handle facebook redirection if it's a new user.

insertAfterServlet=/atg/dynamo/servlet/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

redirect=true

redirectURI=register.jsp

profileUpdater=/fbconnect/userprofiling/FacebookProfileUpdater

bypassExtensions=.css,.gif,.jpg,.swf

loggingDebug=false

I think this will clear the confusion.

Regards,

Prateek

• 4. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Rajeev_R Journeyer

Ok, in this case you need to have only one component, you can remove any one of these and retain one. For a servlet pipeline component the component path doesn't matter, you can place your component in any path.

Cheers

R

• 5. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

I have checked and found that there is only one Initial.properties as-

initialServices+=\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet,\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

And I can not delete the /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet component because this is my servlet.

Please verify if I am doing wrong because I am getting the above mentioned error.

Regards,

Prateek

• 6. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

I have checked the path C:\ATG\ATG9.1\home\localconfig and found that there is no Initial.properties there so I have created it manually there as-

C:\ATG\ATG9.1\home\localconfig\atg\dynamo\service\Initial.properties and content of this file is-

initialServices+=\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet,\

/atg/dynamo/servlet/dafpipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet

But this has not resolved my issue. I am getting the same error-

04:04:33,130 INFO  [STDOUT] Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices" atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet

04:04:33,136 INFO  [STDOUT] **** Error

04:04:33,188 INFO  [STDOUT] Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices" atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookProfileRequestServlet

What else should I do to resolve that?

Regards,

Prateek

• 7. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    user8729783 Newbie

In this case you have to mention in only one place if you are placing these components in daf pipeline you have to mention in dafpipeline.

the above error was came bcoz you are mentioned in two places thatwhy Nucleus doesnt know to which component to invoke

• 8. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

Hi,

I have deleted the pipeline folder, clean the project and restarted the server but getting the same error again.

Regards,

Prateek

• 9. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

Now I have created the following structure-

C:\ATG\ATG9.1\home\localconfig\atg\dynamo\servlet\dafpipeline

And put the properties files in the above path, restarted the server but nothing change.

Problem exist!

Regards,

Prateek

• 10. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    user8729783 Newbie

Hi Pratheek

In your Module Create the same folder Structure (atg\dynamo\servlet\dafpipeline) and put properties files in that path, add the components in Initial.properties.

Change the value of InsertAfterservlet value to ProfileRequestServlet.

check it once if you get any errors can  you post those logs.

Regards

user8729783

-

• 11. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

Hi,

The structure you are talking about is already exist in my module and the InsertAfterServlet is also set as you said.

But getting the same errors!

Regards,

Prateek

• 12. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    ClareR Journeyer

You seem to be confusing Nucleus components and Java classes.  They're completely different.  The error message you're getting, "Unable to resolve component", says that Nucleus is unable to find a specific properties file anywhere in the directory trees named in your configpath.  To be specific, there is no file named /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.properties in your config directories.  If I'm reading this conversation correctly, that's because the file with that name is a .java file, not a .properties file.  The two most likely causes of your problem are:

1. You have a properties file somewhere that mentions /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet as a value for something other than $class.  $class is a special case whose value is looked up by a Java classloader in the classpath.  Values of other properties are interpreted as component references and looked up by Nucleus in the configpath.

2. The directory tree that contains /com/progiweb/fbconnect/pipeline/FacebookAuthStatusServlet.properties is not in the configpath.  ATG displays the full configpath during startup.  If your directory is missing, you may not have specified the right information in the ATG-Config-Path entry in your module's MANIFEST.MF file.

• 13. Re: Unable to set configured property "/Initial.initialServices"
    Prateek G Newbie

Thanks Sir for your helpful reply!

Regards,

Prateek

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points