This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 8:48 AM by JCLamoure-Oracle RSS

Need help reconfiguring resources to avoid them going offline

Aerosmith Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

This is solaris 10, x86 based 2 node cluster.

scstat -g

-- Resource Groups and Resources --

Group Name     Resources
            ----------     ---------
Resources: nfs-t-rg       nfs-t-hastp-rs nfs-t-lh-rs nfs-t-shares-rs mysql-lh-rs mysql-rs
Resources: ds-rg          ds-opt-ldap-lh-rs ds-opt-ldap-monitor-rs

-- Resource Groups --

Group Name     Node Name                State          Suspended
            ----------     ---------                -----          ---------
     Group: nfs-t-rg       apple                  Online         No
     Group: nfs-t-rg       banana                  Offline        No

Group: ds-rg          apple                  Online         No
     Group: ds-rg          banana                  Offline        No

-- Resources --

Resource Name  Node Name                State          Status Message
            -------------  ---------                -----          --------------
  Resource: nfs-t-hastp-rs apple                  Online         Online
  Resource: nfs-t-hastp-rs banana                  Offline        Offline

Resource: nfs-t-lh-rs    apple                  Online         Online - LogicalHostname online.
  Resource: nfs-t-lh-rs    banana                  Offline        Offline - LogicalHostname offline.

Resource: nfs-t-shares-rs apple                  Online         Online - Service is online.
  Resource: nfs-t-shares-rs banana                  Offline        Offline - Completed successfully.

Resource: mysql-lh-rs    apple                  Online         Online - LogicalHostname online.
  Resource: mysql-lh-rs    banana                  Offline        Offline - LogicalHostname offline.

Resource: mysql-rs       apple                  Online         Online - Service is online.
  Resource: mysql-rs       banana                  Offline        Offline

Resource: ds-opt-ldap-lh-rs apple                  Online         Online - LogicalHostname online.
  Resource: ds-opt-ldap-lh-rs banana                  Offline        Offline - LogicalHostname offline.

Resource: ds-opt-ldap-monitor-rs apple                  Online         Online - Service is online.
  Resource: ds-opt-ldap-monitor-rs banana                  Offline        Offline

I want to disable mysql-rs and mysql-lh-rs because I will be running MySQL on some other server with the IP that is currently being used by mysql-lh-rs.

So, I do, clrs disable mysql-rs  and clrs disable mysql-lh-rs which works and takes the mysql process and IP offline.

But when I evacuate the nfs-t-rg, I find nfs-t-hastp-rs and nfs-t-shares-rs, also go offline which takes some other resources offline.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this as I think, there is strong possibility something is missing correct dependency.

Additional information:

clresource show -p resource_dependencies

=== Resources ===                            

Resource:                                       nfs-t-hastp-rs
  Resource_dependencies:                           <NULL>

--- Standard and extension properties ---  

Resource:                                       nfs-t-lh-rs

Resource:                                       nfs-t-shares-rs
  Resource_dependencies:                           nfs-t-hastp-rs

Resource:                                       mysql-lh-rs

Resource:                                       mysql-rs
  Resource_dependencies:                           mysql-lh-rs nfs-t-hastp-rs

Resource:                                       ds-opt-ldap-lh-rs

Resource:                                       ds-opt-ldap-monitor-rs
  Resource_dependencies:                           ds-opt-ldap-lh-rs{local_node}

• 1. Re: Need help reconfiguring resources to avoid them going offline
    JCLamoure-Oracle Explorer

Hi, Aerosmith,

the resource group nfs-t-rg have the following resources in it : nfs-t-hastp-rs nfs-t-lh-rs nfs-t-shares-rs mysql-lh-rs mysql-rs

when you run the evaculate it bring off the resource group hence all it's resources, ie : nfs-t-hastp-rs nfs-t-lh-rs nfs-t-shares-rs and  mysql-lh-rs mysql-rs (which are already offline)

Probably a better approach would be to have a separate RG for nfs and form mysql ?

you may post to the MOS Community covering solaris cluster to have other/ additional informations :

https://communities.oracle.com/portal/server.pt/community/oracle_solaris_cluster/393

• 2. Re: Need help reconfiguring resources to avoid them going offline
    Aerosmith Newbie

Thanks. Yes, Ideally I would have loved them to be two different resource groups. But everything happened so fast, I didn't realize then.

I am going to move my Mysql from sun cluster to a stand alone machine and going to use same hostname's IP(mysql-lh-rs) and IP for Mysql on Sun cluster is using. My life would be easier if I can easily change the hostname in the mysql-lh-rs but it seems I'd have to delete and recreate mysql-lh-rs to use different hostname.

scrgadm -c -j mysql-lh-rs -x  HostnameList=Blah.blah
    (C475922) Update failed: property HostnameList is configured to be tunable only at resource creation

I can change the IP address in /etc/hosts for the hostname currently in the HostnameList but the DNS will still point to old IP address. Similarly I will change Ip in mysql configuration (my.cnf) and disable monitoring of mysql-rs.

If mysql-lh-rs is not disabled then nfs-rg stays online even after evacuation. Hope mysql-lh-rs doesn't care what's in the DNS for hostname currently in the HostnameList

• 3. Re: Need help reconfiguring resources to avoid them going offline
    JCLamoure-Oracle Explorer

Hi,

If you are using mysql non clustered, and not needing it in the cluster config, you may remove those 2 resources from your RG.

and yes, the ip address is only tunable when resource is created in the version of cluster you use.

In newer versions, this property is tunable when the resource is disabled :

SUNW.LogicalHostname:4:HostnameList) Res Type param tunability: When disabled

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points