4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 5:57 AM by Su.gi RSS

what is future scope of oracle forms and report???

nikunjnath

hello everyone

i want to know what is future scope of oracle form and report for career.

i should go for oracle database related job or oracle forms and report job

some people say that go for Informatica or ODI

what to do

i have one year experience on d2k6i

• 1. Re: what is future scope of oracle forms and report???
          Su.gi

Hi,

Now in all areas Forms and reports are Migrated to Middleware Fusion application....So better Concentrate in Oracle Application Development Framework(ADF).

ADF is the future technology for forms and reports.

Thanks

• 2. Re: what is future scope of oracle forms and report???
            nikunjnath

thanx a lot.

what u say if i switch to database administration like oracle DBA ??

bcoz i know about backups,inport export etc.

which one better to choose oracle adf or Oracle DBA.

• 3. Re: what is future scope of oracle forms and report???
              Christian Erlinger

Su.gi wrote:

Hi,

Now in all areas Forms and reports are Migrated to Middleware Fusion application....So better Concentrate in Oracle Application Development Framework(ADF).

ADF is the future technology for forms and reports.

Thanks

And *this* would be how myths are created.

See:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2010/toolssod-3-129969.pdf

Which would be the official statement of direction for forms from Oracle. I can't read "migrate to ADF at any cost" anywhere in this document.

There is nothing wrong with using Oracle Forms, and as you can read clearly in the document it won't end with 2017 where the support for the current version 11gR2 ends as there is also a 12c version planned.

i should go for oracle database related job or oracle forms and report job

I didn't think those are mutually exclusive?

It's always interesting when people ask for the one true technology they should specialize in so they never ever need to learn something new until they retire in ~40 years...

Do you really think Forms/ADF/APEX/.NET/J2EE/PHP/Ruby/blah (pick one) is the last technology ever invented which will solve every single one of our problems?

As far as I can tell informatica is a ETL tool, and if you mean Oracle Data Integrator with ODI this also would be a ETL tool. Both are in essence something completely different then oracle forms. So basically you are asking us if you should use a toaster or a coffee machine to cook a meal we don't even know about.

cheers

• 4. Re: what is future scope of oracle forms and report???
                Su.gi

Hi,

If  you have interested in development(coding) then you study oracle ADF

and if you have interested in backend then study Oracle DBA. Both are valuable. Its depends on you......