1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 7:32 AM by Eogan RSS

How can I launch configurator from host application in a specefic language.

Hi,

I want to access R12 configurator from a host application and I have no problems accessing it.

But I want that the configurator should Launch in Japanese Language. Can I specify any XML parameter to the UIServlet to achieve this or is there any other Method?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How can I launch configurator from host application in a specefic language.
          Eogan

Per the "Deploying a User Interface that Supports MLS" section in Chapter 14 ("Multiple Language Support") of the Oracle Configurator Implementation Guide:

"When a host application launches Oracle Configurator to configure an item, the language specified in the database ICX session ticket is passed to Oracle Configurator.  Oracle Configurator uses this information to determine which translated text to retrieve from the database and display in the UI."

So essentially, Configurator will display the same language that the hosting application is displaying, the language the user has logged into EBS with.  (Of course, translated text will only appear in Configurator if you have supplied translations in the CZ_LOCALIZED_TEXTS table.)  If you need Configurator to display a different language than its hosting application, that would require a customization of the initialization string the hosting application sends to Configurator, specifying a different icx_session_ticket parameter value.

Hope this helps.

Eogan