5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 11:48 AM by Philipp Grigoryev RSS

EUS issue for OVD+AD

Philipp Grigoryev

Hi gurus,

I ran into a problem trying to configure EUS for DB 11.2.0.1. When I run netca to configure Directory Usage Configuration and give all the OVD details to the wizard it

1) shows only OID type directory while I have OVD

2) can't check schema and fails with following error. I check ldapbind for both of the ports and they work perfect for anonymous connection

ConfigException: Could not check for the Oracle Schema: oracle.net.config.ConfigException: TNS-04411: Directory service: permission denied

caused by: oracle.net.config.DirectoryServiceException: TNS-04411: Directory service: permission denied

caused by: oracle.net.ldap.NNFLException

Could you please recommend what to check? Thank you!

• 1. Re: EUS issue for OVD+AD

Hi Philipp,

i ran into the same issue and getting the exception while creating ldap.ora with netca.

ConfigException: Could not check for the Oracle Schema: oracle.net.config.ConfigException: TNS-04411: Directory service: permission denied

caused by: oracle.net.config.DirectoryServiceException: TNS-04411: Directory service: permission denied

caused by: oracle.net.ldap.NNFLException

and according to Doc ID 1492761.1 oracle support document I double checked the ACL's, and it seems ok.

Have you solved the issue? Is there anything else to check?

Thanks,

Gökhan GÖKÖZ

• 2. Re: EUS issue for OVD+AD
            Philipp Grigoryev

Not really, but I discovered couple things to check

1) can you connect to OVD by and LDAP browser? I'm able to do that on plain text port but no to SSL one

2) do you have Anonymous bind enabled in listener configuration?

• 3. Re: EUS issue for OVD+AD

Hi Philipp,

I checked your recommendations,

1) can connect OVD through Apache DS both SSL and non-SSL listener

2) Anonymous bind is enabled on both listeners and I have checked to bind anonymously and it is successful.

Thanks,

Gökhan GÖKÖZ

• 4. Re: EUS issue for OVD+AD
                Philipp Grigoryev

Well Gökhan,

I'm still wondering what that could be because I checked everything on mine installation and it doesn't work. The only one thing which is weird is - in Manual they say that SSL listener should be configured with No-Auth mode. But I tried to connect to this listener as anonymous and I failed to do that.

• 5. Re: EUS issue for OVD+AD
                  Philipp Grigoryev

Well,

I found one issue. You have to create an ACL in OVD to allow access to cn=subschemasubentry to public. It helped