5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 5:02 PM by cc7b6465-eeb6-43d6-9a71-fcf6369d9786 RSS

Oracle Certifieed Master 11g Pre-requisites

cc7b6465-eeb6-43d6-9a71-fcf6369d9786

Hello All,

Can I just know that apart from Hands on courses and OCP requiement, is "3-4 years experience" a mandatory or nice to have to appear/achieve OCM for 11g

I found a PDF "D61731GC10" at location

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/view_pdf?c_org_id=28&c_lang=US&c_id=D61731GC10

Below are 3 sections related to pre-requisites. I am just confused to identify whether 3-4 years experience is mandatory or is nice to have. Can anyone please help?

Section 1:

PREREQUISITES FOR REGISTRATION:

It is highly recommended that participants have a minimum of 3 – 4 years of Oracle database administrator experience.

More typical of the qualified candidate would be 5 years or more.

Section 2:

Before registering for the 11g OCM, candidates must:

- Complete PRIOR CERTIFICATION -Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP).

- Complete 2 of the Advanced or Specialty courses to meet the Hands On Course Requirements.

- Gain considerable hands-on expertise with all the exam objectives.

- Get comfortable with the basic Linux command language.

Section 3:

Required Prerequisites

- Complete PRIOR CERTIFICATION -Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP)

- Complete 2 of the Advanced or Specialty courses to meet the Hands On Course Requirements.

- Every candidate must have their 9-character Oracle Testing ID to initiate the OCM exam.

- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 – 4 years of Oracle database administrator experience.

Thanks.