0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 4:32 AM by user775296 RSS

Getting unactivated changes in a domain

user775296

I'm trying to use Weblogic JMX APIs to manage domain configuration as documented here. In particular, I'm trying to list any unactivated changes in the domain by accessing 'UnactivatedChanges' attribute of the 'ConfigurationManager' MBean. Here is my code:

MBeanServerConnection conn = m_wlsServer.getConnection();
      ObjectName cfm =
                  (ObjectName)conn.getAttribute(m_wlsServer.service,
                                                "ConfigurationManager");
      return (Object[]) conn.getAttribute(cfm,
                                                        "UnactivatedChanges");

The last statement is intermittently throwing the following exception:

Caused by: weblogic.management.mbeanservers.edit.NotEditorException:
              at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.edit.internal.ConfigurationManagerMBeanImpl.getUnactivatedChanges(ConfigurationManagerMBeanImpl.java:332)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Caused by: weblogic.management.provider.EditNotEditorException: Not edit lock owner
              at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.checkEditLock(EditAccessImpl.java:1573)
              at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.getUnactivatedChanges(EditAccessImpl.java:1081)
              at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.edit.internal.ConfigurationManagerMBeanImpl.getUnactivatedChanges(ConfigurationManagerMBeanImpl.java:323)

I'm using the username as 'weblogic' who is the default administrator that is created along with the weblogic installation.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Venkat.