Resetting the passwords of SYSMAN and DBSNMP will impact to the DB

DBA Associate

Hi,

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit

PL/SQL Release 11.1.0.6.0 -

CORE    11.1.0.6.0     

TNS for Linux: Version 11.1.0.6.0 -

NLSRTL Version 11.1.0.6.0 -

when I checked the status of $emctl status dbconsole. I got this error OC4J Configuration issue. I was told by the forums to drop and recreate the repos. But I noticed the moment you drop the repos you will loose the passwords of SYSMAN and DBSNMP.

emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop

emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

I tried default passwords does not worked. it looks like the only option I have is to reset the passwords. but my main concerns is this impact the DB in generally or its common.

or is there any other way we can get the OEM back(I already dropped the repos). Please suggest.

• 1. Re: Resetting the passwords of SYSMAN and DBSNMP will impact to the DB
          sb92075

978487 wrote:

Hi,

CORE    11.1.0.6.0    

when I checked the status of $emctl status dbconsole. I got this error OC4J Configuration issue. I was told by the forums to drop and recreate the repos. But I noticed the moment you drop the repos you will loose the passwords of SYSMAN and DBSNMP.

I tried default passwords does not worked. it looks like the only option I have is to reset the passwords. but my main concerns is this impact the DB in generally or its common.

or is there any other way we can get the OEM back(I already dropped the repos). Please suggest.

They are already "broken" so you can't really make it any worse.

ALTER USER SYSMAN IDENTIFIED BY NEWPASSWORD ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

• 2. Re: Resetting the passwords of SYSMAN and DBSNMP will impact to the DB
            EdStevens

978487 wrote:

Hi,

CORE    11.1.0.6.0    

As SB said, as far as the database is concerned, you are already broken.  You can't get any more broken.

But be aware of the fact that EM itself has to know the passwords  (remember, as far as the db is concerned, EM is just another client).  It keeps the passwords in some xml config files, and so those files will have to be updated.

for SYSMAN, see Doc ID 259379.1

for dbsnmp, see Doc ID 259387.1