I have a test environment with Primary DB Server, Physical Standby and Logical Standby.
The Logical Standby DB (cur_log_stdb) is backed up every evening by RMAN and I have a question:
If I recover my Logical Standby DB from backup and switch replication to new Logical Standby DB (new_log_stdb) it will work or not?
My steps e.g.:
1. Make a new server for my new_log_stdb and repair structure of catalogs;
2. Repair listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files from cur_log_stdb to new_log_stdb;
3. Restore DB with RMAN from backup to new_log_stdb;
4. On cur_log_stdb execute "alter database stop logical standby apply";
5. Change a DNS name from cur_log_stdb to new_log_stdb;
6. On new_log_stdb execute "alter database start logical standby apply immediate";
I'm not sure that archivelogs will apply to the new_log_stdb for period since rman backup was created.
Oracle Linux 6.4
Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
Primary and Physical with Data Guard
You might get better responses in the DataGuard forum ("space").
I am sceptical if this plan would work.
Hemant K Chitale