4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 2:58 PM by user8860348 RSS

Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: Cannot login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode

user8860348

Folks,

Hello. I am installing PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture. Database Server is Oracle Database 11gR1. OS is Oracle Linux 5.

I have installed JDK7, WebLogic 10.3.6, Tuxedo 11gR1 and PeopleTools 8.53 successfully into Oracle Linux 5.

I have been setting up PeopleTools 8.53 Database Instance. Because the Install Wizard has problem, I set up PeopleTools 8.53 Database Instance PT853 manually. I have run the following scripts:

1) utlspace.sql

2) dbowner.sql

3) psadmin.sql

4) psroles.sql

5) connect.sql

Then, we need to run Data Mover script in a Windows XP Client machine to populate PeopleTools Database instance PT853 in Linux Sever machine. I have installed Oracle Database 11gR2 client for 32-bit Windows in my 64-bit Windows XP Virtual Machine and run it successfully.

In Oracle Linux 5 Server Machine Net Manager:

Service Name: PT853

Connection Type: Database Default

Protocol" TCP/IP

Host : 192.168.196.102

Port: 1521

Listener: LISTENER

Protocol: TCP/IP

Host: 192.168.196.102

Port: 1521

I test the Service PT853 using UserID "SYSADM" and Password "SYSADM". The connection is successful.

In Windows XP Client machine, the information in Net Manager is the same as below:

Net Service Name: PT853

Protocol: TCP/IP

Host name of Database Machine: 192.168.196.102

Port : 1521

Database Service Name: PT853

Connection Type: Database Default

I test the connection using "SYSADM" and it is successful as well. This means Windows XP Database Client can connect with Oracle Linux 5 Database Server successfully. But in Windows XP Client machine, Data Mover cannot login into Bootstrap Mode using "SYSADM" . Its details are below:

Configuration Manager:

Database Type: Oracle

Database Name: PT853

User ID: SYSADM

Connect ID: people

Connect Password: people

Data Mover:

Database Type: Oracle

User ID: SYSADM

Password: SYSADM

When login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode, I got the same error:

ORA-12154:TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified. Invalid user ID and Password for signon.

Based on my understanding, in Oracle Database, Login into Data Mover Bootstrap mode requires one table PSDBOWNER with one entry " Database Name PT853 and UserID SYSADM".

The problem is that the table PSDBOWNER has no row after I run the above 5 scripts. I examine running the 5 scripts one by one as below:

1) Running the script utlspace.sql creates 2 table spaces (PSTEMP, PSDEFAULT). This script cannot create the 2 tablespaces. Thus, I created 2 tablespaces manually.

2) Running the script psdbowner.sql creates the table PSDBOWNER. This script creates the table PSDBOWNER successfully, but when run the last line "connect system/manager", got this error: Invalid user name and pass word. Logon denied. I ignore this error and continue next script.

3) Running the script psroles.sql created roles PSUSER and PSADMIN. This script runs successfully without any error.

4) Running the script psadmin.sql creates ownerID SYSADM and ownerID password SYSADM. When this script runs the last line "connect system/manager", got this error: Invalid user name and pass word. Logon denied. I ignore this error and continue next script.

5) Running the script connect.sql creates connectID "people" and connect password "people". This script runs successfully without any error.

My questions are:

First, in Oracle Linux 5 Database Server machine, when I created database instance PT853 using DBCA, on password management, for user "system", I unlocked it and change its password to "system". Does it cause the scripts "psdbowner.sql" and "psadmin.sql" got the error "Invalid user name and password" ? If yes, how to fix it ?

Second, after running the above 5 scripts, why there is no row in the table PSDBOWNER for Data Mover Bootstrap to login ? How to solve this issue ?

Third, may I simply insert one row "PT853 SYSADM" into the table PSDBOWNER for Data Mover Bootstrap to login ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: Cannot login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode
          Nicolas.Gasparotto

By default, the people's password is peop1e.

Once more, you should not do anything "manually" onto the database, the scripts are doing everything for you. Unless something is wrong.

>When this script runs the last line "connect system/manager", got this error: Invalid user name and pass word. Logon denied. I ignore this error and continue next script.

I'm really wondering why ignoring error. It just meant your system's password is not manager but something else you configured when created the database. Never comes to you to check the script before running it and modify if needed ?

Nicolas.

• 2. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: Cannot login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode
            user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

I have modified the line "connect system/manager" as "SYSTEM/SYSTEM" in both scripts "dbowner.sql" and "psadmin.sql". I have run the 2 scripts again successfully. After that, the table PSDBOWNER still has no row for Data Mover Bootstrap mode to login.

I have read the contents of the following 5 scripts:

1) utlspace.sql

2) dbowner.sql

3) psadmin.sql

4) psroles.sql

5) connect.sql

After the script dbowner.sql creates the table PSDBOWNER, I think some scripts must insert a row (DBNAME, OWNERID)
            into the table PSDBOWNER. But I don't see anything to insert a row into PSDBOWNER in the next 3 scripts psadmin.sql,
            psroles.sql and connect.sql.

I read the PeopleTools 8.53 installation document, there is only one difference that I did. That is, I created the Database
            instance PT853 using DBCA instead of running the script createdb.sql.

My questions are:

Can any folk find out why no row is in the table PSDBOWNER after running the above 5 scripts ?
            How to fix this error ?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: Cannot login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode
              user8860348

Folks,

Hello. My Configuration Manager is set up correctly. In SQL Developer, I insert a row "PT853, SYSADM" into the table PSDBOWNER manually. After that, PSDBOWNER has one row with DBNAME and OWNERID. But Data Mover Bootstrap mode still cannot login using USERID "SYSADM" with the same error ORA-12154.

Can any folk tell me the entire and detailed login process of Data Mover Bootstrap in Oracle Database ?

• 4. Re: Install PT8.53 with Linux Issue: Cannot login into Data Mover Bootstrap Mode
                user8860348

Let's end this thread and start a new discussion.