2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 12:54 PM by 1036839 RSS

EBS 11i & R12 migration to Linux

Hi,

I have an upcoming project which requires migrating R11 and R12 databases to Linux. The specifications are as below:-

R11 environment:-

Current configuration:-

Database:- 2 node RAC

Database version:-11.2.0.3

Application tier:- 3 node app tier, 2 web/forms nodes and one concurrent node, loadbalanced by a hardware loadbalancer.

Application Version:-11.5.10

OS:- Database and application tier s are on 64 bit Sun Solaris 10 update 8.

Post Migration:-

Database:- 2 node RAC

Application tier:- 3 node app tier, 2 web/forms nodes and one concurrent node, load balanced by a hardware load balancer.

Application Version:-11.5.10

OS:- Database will be migrated to 64 bit RHEL 6.3 but application tier will remain on the original platform.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

R12 environment:-

Current configuration:-

Database:- 4 node RAC

Application tier:- 4 node app tier, 3 web/forms nodes and one concurrent node, load balanced by a hardware load balancer.

Application Version:-12.1.3

OS:- Database and application tier s are on 64 bit Sun Solaris 10 update 8.

Post Migration:-

Database:- 4 node RAC

Application tier:- 4 node app tier, 3 web/forms nodes and one concurrent node, loadbalanced by a hardware loadbalancer.

Application Version:-12.1.3

OS:- Database will be migrated to 64 bit RHEL 6.3 but application tier will remain on the original platform.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Both R11 and R12 databases are around 3 to 4 TB in size. There will be no change to application tiers and they will continue to remain on the same boxes and original OS. I am thinking of two technologies for this migration:

1) Transportable tablespaces

or

2) Shareplex

Can any one please tell me what documents should I refer to carry out such a migration? Other than the above two is there any other method to do the migration. We cannot use Golden Gate as we don't have the license for it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

pramod