2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 4:07 PM by 943202 RSS

Data block item that is no longer a column

Hi All,

I have a data block item that is no longer a column in the source view.  Unfortunately I still need to keep the item in the FMB as it is referenced many times.  My problem is when the query runs for that data block, it is trying to pull back the column that no longer exists.  I have tried setting the 'database item' property to 'No" but that did not do the trick.  Is there a way to keep this data block item without the block trying to query for it? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Data block item that is no longer a column
          Andreas Weiden

Setting Databaseitem to "No" should do the trick, as long as your block is a database-block and not filled by a cursor or is procedure-based. In general, if the item is no longer valid i would tend to remove it and also all references to the column.

• 2. Re: Data block item that is no longer a column

Andreas,

Thank you for the reply.  You were absolutely right.  I actually found more data items in different blocks referencing that same column so when I tested the first one, I still got the error.  When I switched all 3 to 'No' my errors went away.  My fault sorry!

I would prefer to remove all the references myself and I hope that is what we end up doing, but I needed this fix more so to test another issue.  Thanks again.