3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 4:41 AM by Nitin_Kumar RSS

CRS Migration to 10.2

Nitin_Kumar

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any document for migrating CRS 10.1.2 to CRS 10.2.

I was following the ATG migration doc and it has mentioned that CRS has been rewritten for 10.2 and

"If an application is based on an earlier version of CRS, follow the migration steps described elsewhere in this guide"

Any kind suggestion for where I have to look, would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nitin

• 1. Re: CRS Migration to 10.2
          Nitin Khare

"If an application is based on an earlier version of CRS, follow the migration steps described elsewhere in this guide"

Not sure about where the migration document is referring to but I can mention some major changes in CRS 10.2 which you would have to look out for while migrating. Firstly CRS 10.2 would now require Endeca with category pages and search results page are using Endeca Experience Manager. CRS now also covers the new 'Returns' functionality in commerce, RightNow Knowledge Syndication widget on product details page, and some optimizations in checkout implementation.

• 2. Re: CRS Migration to 10.2
            Tatai

Hi,

You need to include the module named Store.KnowledgeBase in runassembler while building your EAR. Also, as Nitin specified Returns has also been introduced as part of ATG 10.2. You need to execute the SQL corresponding to Returns and KnowledgeBase in your Production Schema.

The best approach would be to take a dump of your Publishing Data that is getting used in current application. Then install ATG 10.2 freshly through CIM and then import the data in ATG 10.2.

FYI,

They have modified the path of certain Formhandlers in ATG 10.2. Also StoreRepository has been renamed to Location Repository and so on.

Thanks,

Tatai

• 3. Re: CRS Migration to 10.2
              Nitin_Kumar

Thanks for the reply Nitin and Tatai.

Yes i also noticed few changes in the the CRS 10.2 like:

B2CProfileFormHandler is renamed to ProfileFormHandler, new processor being added to handle store credit in commerce pipeline and some changes to CommitOrderFormHandler.

Regards,

Nitin.