Error while showing data in sub tab region

Ajay Sharma Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have created a custom OAF page with three Tabs

1. Device Details
  2. User Privileges
  3. Chart Templates

Under "User Privileges" There is a summary page which shows all User details records. When user click on "Update" icon control is delegated to "Update Page". Under update page I have two tabs

1. Devices
  2. Organizations

Initially the data of selected user is loading successfully but when I click on "Organization" tab I am getting all user record instead of the selected user record only.

I debug the code and found that When I click on "Organization" tab the User_ID become null.

How to handle this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay Sharma

• 1. Re: Error while showing data in sub tab region
    keerthioaf Expert

Hi Ajay ,

Can you share your code ?? also tell us how 're you passing User_id when you click on "Organization tab "

Regards ,

Keerthi

• 2. Re: Error while showing data in sub tab region
    Ajay Sharma Newbie

Hi Keerthi,

I debug the code and found that when I clicked on "Organization tab" the same page i.e. "User Privileges" gets called again.

When "User Privileges" page is getting load first time the values User_id is passed from summary page.

but in case on "Organization Tab" I am not passing any value when I click on "Organization tab".

Do I need to pass value again ?

Another thing is in processRequest I am firing query on VO based on USER_ID. Every time this will be called.

Can you please suggest me Best Practices for this ?

Thanks,

Ajay

• 3. Re: Error while showing data in sub tab region
    keerthioaf Expert

Hi Ajay ,

Every time page renders on the browser, PR method is called ,since your method reside inside the PR(processRequest) you have to

pass the ID again in order to set the where clause, you can use Session variable to capture the value .

Just google with "Session variable in OAF " you will find some code snippet , Let me know if you need any further input .

Regards ,

Keerthi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points