This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 9:40 AM by Asif Muhammad RSS

optimize the performance of Concurrent program

user646034 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

In our Environment, Posting takes time when it run during load time. When the same request run with same records it completes in 40-50 mins.

When it run during load time, it takes around 120-120 mins to complete. I think it is due to less cpu resource. Please let us know can we do something so that the posting should get more CPU resource than other request running at same time.

Env details --

EBS version - 11.5.

DB version - 11.2.0.1

OS - IBM AIX

Thanks and Regards,

• 1. Re: optimize the performance of Concurrent program
    user646034 Newbie

Hi All,

Here what i mean to say if i can increase cache size or set the priority so that this request will also run with other request.

Thanks

• 2. Re: optimize the performance of Concurrent program
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

What the concurrent program name?

Do you have the statistics collected up to date?

Please enable trace and generate TKPROF file to find out why this program takes long time to run.

FAQ: Common Tracing Techniques in Oracle E-Business Applications 11i and R12 (Doc ID 296559.1)

How To Trace a Concurrent Request And Generate TKPROF File (Doc ID 453527.1)

How many CPUs do you have on the server? Before changing the cache size, I would suggest you determine the number of requests which are usually running during peak time and whether you can add more concurrent managers (processes) or not.

Concurrent Processing - Best Practices for Performance for Concurrent Managers in E-Business Suite (Doc ID 1057802.1)

A Holistic Approach to Performance Tuning Oracle Applications Systems (Doc ID 69565.1)

What is the Recommended "Cache" Size For a Standard Manager (Doc ID 986228.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 3. Re: optimize the performance of Concurrent program
    user646034 Newbie

Hi

Thanks for the update...

What the concurrent program name?
    GL Posting

Do you have the statistics collected up to date?
    yes

Please enable trace and generate TKPROF file to find out why this program takes long time to run.
    Actually , the Requet run fine when there is less load on the database.It takes around 40-50 mins which is ok. When lots of report and concurrent request run on application, It takes around double time 120-150 mins

FAQ: Common Tracing Techniques in Oracle E-Business Applications 11i and R12 (Doc ID 296559.1)

How To Trace a Concurrent Request And Generate TKPROF File (Doc ID 453527.1)

How many CPUs do you have on the server? Before changing the cache size, I would suggest you determine the number of requests which are usually running during peak time and whether you can add more concurrent managers (processes) or not.

We have 48 CPU. 70-75 Request run during peak hours. During Peak time, This request run very very slow which take around double the time.current cache size is 3 and process is 300. What i need to do that Oracle should give first preference to posting because this is important request. I want to assigned more resources to this request than other request. Is there any way so that this req should run with more resource and Oracle should give more priority to this request than other.

Please suggest.

Thanks

• 4. Re: optimize the performance of Concurrent program
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hi,

Please allocate the number of process on Workshifts for Standard Manager, for a reasonable amount. Loading up the CPU above what it can handle would obviously cause the server slowness. Can you please confirm whether the same workload was handled efficiently with same resource, same workload and same process allocated on Concurrent Manager.. If yes what is the recent change you did.

I suggest you run a addm report while the GL posting is run.

Please also refer note:

GLPPOS: Performance Problems on Posting (Doc ID 471852.1)

Let us know the progress.

Thanks &

Best Regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points