I am having issue regarding BI and P6 configuration. Default reports are not working neither in P6 nor in BI. When I check the report in Bi the reports open blank.
In P6 while running report I am getting error
Errors have been encountered while running the report. To resolve contact your Administrator
So far I checked
There are numerous things that could be going wrong here so we'll start with a couple of basic ones.
First we will try and get the reports working in BI then look at P6 itself.
1) Have you enabled Project Publication in P6?
2) If Yes, have you published your projects and run the Global Scheduled Services?
3) What name did you create the data source as in BI Publisher
4) What user account did you set up for the data source in BI Publisher?
It also woudn't hurt to know what version of P6 and BI Publisher you are using as well as if this is connecting to a SQL Server or Oracle database.
All sounds good so far.
Can you please check the Users P6 Reports and make sure it has been linked up with the correct data model (needs to be done to all reports).
After that is confirmed try running this report, this is a good test report as it doesn't require any parameters.
Can you please run the following query and let me know the result
select COUNT(*) from PROJECTX
this should tell us the number of projects that have published successfully.
Please also run
select last_run_date from jobsvc where job_type = 'JT_Security'
This will tell us when the Global Scheduled Service 'security' was run which should be populating the data we see for the Users report.