This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 2, 2013 12:57 AM by Manoy:) RSS

RTC-5260 and RTC-5301

Manoy:) Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, Gurus!

Good day.

I have been using OWB 10gR2 for years, and it has been working fine until a few days ago. Suddenly, all scheduled jobs did not run, and I cannot access the control center.

I have checked all possible discussions, blogs, and forums to find the solution, and I tried all these steps, but none of these was successful.

SQL> service_doctor.sql

All PL/SQL packages and functions are valid

Platform properties have been loaded correctly

Platform location has been seeded correctly

NLS messages have been loaded correctly

The platform service is not available

Service script is accessible to the database server

Connection information stored within the repository is correct

SQL> start_service.sql

Not Available

Diagnostics:

started service using command "/sw/owb/owb/bin/unix/run_service.sh -automatic 1 /sw/owb SUPOWBREP UPDWH01 1521 DBSUPPLY"

I also read about changing the timezone, but according to our IT, they have not yet done any activities (migration, maintenance, heavy executions) on the server, so the timezone stuff should be out of the equation. Should a server restart solve my problem?

I also noticed that everytime I run the start_service.sql command, it is just logged in the database (select * from user_jobs). But I thought that after execution, this should already be deleted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Manoy

• 1. Re: RTC-5260 and RTC-5301
    Manoy:) Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi, everyone.

I was able to answer my own question: "Should a server restart solve my problem?"

YES.

After the restart, I checked if the service was already up.

SQL> @show_service.sql;

Not Available                                                                  

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

To check if there could be any other problem after the restart (aside from the service being not up):

SQL> @service_doctor.sql;

All PL/SQL packages and functions are valid                                    
    Platform properties have been loaded correctly                                 
    Platform location has been seeded correctly                                    
    NLS messages have been loaded correctly                                        
    >>>>>> The platform service is not available                                   
    Service script is accessible to the database server                            
    Connection information stored within the repository is correct                

So I decided to start the service.

SQL> @start_service.sql;

Available                                                                      

Now, I can already access the control center manager and deploy/execute jobs.

Regards,

Manoy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points