1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 2, 2013 5:03 AM by Jessie C-Oracle RSS

the difference between Intermediate Processes and Raw Materials in CACS of formulation?

Terry Huang

I don't understand the difference between Intermediate Processes and Raw Materials in CACS of formulation. could you give me a example to indicate the difference?

Intermediate Processes — Interrogates any specifications that are used within the

current specification.

Raw Materials — Interrogates the raw materials level of the hierarchy.

• 1. Re: the difference between Intermediate Processes and Raw Materials in CACS of formulation?
          Jessie C-Oracle

Hi Terry,

This is used in Formulation Output Basis CACS screen. you can setup different CACS rule that is available in Formulation BOM Item Output, then when you launch a CACS screen in output basis, you will see this rule.

And the difference between Intermediate Processes and Raw Materials in CACS, let me explain with an example, i have a hierarchy setup as below:

OutputA

Formulation A

Material X

Output B

Formulation B

Material M

Material N

if i select context of Output B in Formulation A, and when i launch a CACS screen in Output A basis, I will have three options:

Top Level--- it will retrieve attributes from Output A as CACS review Parameters;

Intermediate Processes -- it will retrieve attributes from Material X and Output B as CACS review Parameters;

Raw Materials -- it will retrieve attributes from Material X, Output B, Material M and Material N as CACS review Parameters.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jessie