1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 9:15 AM by Athish Go to original post
      • 15. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
        Athish

Sure Hussein,

Thanks for the suggestions,

I will update status once the activity is done.

Regards

Athish

• 16. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
          Athish

Hi,

Can you please guide me on the following step in application migration.

After completing the database migration from 32bit oracle binaries in windows 32bit sever to 64bit oracle binaries in Linux 64bit server using Transportable tablespace method.

When am moving forward to application migration process as per the below oracle document,

"Application Tier Platform Migration with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 438086.1)"

Question 1:

So According to "Section 2: Migration Tasks - Copy the Source System to the Target System" in the above document. I believe I have to copy the 32bit Oracle APPS below files from 32bit windows environment to Linux 63bit OS.

◦[APPL_TOP]

◦[COMMON_TOP]/clone

◦[COMMON_TOP]/javat

◦[COMMON_TOP]/_pages

◦[COMMON_TOP]/webapps

◦[COMMON_TOP]/util

Ist right or am Wrong ?

Question 2:

As per the step "Section 2: Migration Tasks - Install the Application Tier Technology Stack". I believe here i have install the R12 stage software with "./rapidwiz -techstack" option. Please guide me here, whether i have to install 32bit stage s/w or esle 64bit stage software in target 64bit Linux server ?

Regards

Athish

• 17. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Ist right or am Wrong ?

You are right.

As per the step "Section 2: Migration Tasks - Install the Application Tier Technology Stack". I believe here i have install the R12 stage software with "./rapidwiz -techstack" option. Please guide me here, whether i have to install 32bit stage s/w or esle 64bit stage software in target 64bit Linux server ?

If the target OS is 64-bit then install the 64-bit software from the stage area directory.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 18. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
              Athish

Hi,

Thanks for the update,

Please guide me here i have another query.

In migration activity once I have copied the 32bit Oracle Apps files from 32bit Windows server to Linux 64bit server and its done,

Then moving forward to the step as per the document (ID 438086.1) in "Section 2: Migration Tasks - Install the Application Tier Technology Stack", if am installing the 64bit Stage software on 64bit Linux with "./rapidwiz -techstack" option using the source xml file,

Here I believe it will install the 64bit "10.1.2 & 10.1.3" techstack oracle home binaries, Please advise Am I right or Wrong.

If am right, In the target environment the "10.1.2 & 10.1.3" binaries will be 64bit and the previously below copied files from windows 32bit to Linux 64bit server will be remain same as 32bit in target server, Please advise its correct.

[APPL_TOP] - 32bit

◦[COMMON_TOP]/clone

◦[COMMON_TOP]/javat

◦[COMMON_TOP]/_pages

◦[COMMON_TOP]/webapps

◦[COMMON_TOP]/util

If it is correct, My concern is how the application will work, because all the application related patches which applied in the past days is 32bit patches and the respective 32bit patch files (eg: lib file, sql/plsql files, patch driver files) will be located under the corresponding appl top products am I right.

So the APPL_TOP files will be 32bit and the remaining home like (COMMON_TOP, 10.1.2 & 10.1.3) will be the 64bit in target Linux server.

So how it will work, please advise me what I assumed is right or am wrong.

Regards

Athish

• 19. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
                Asif Muhammad

Hi Athish,

if am installing the 64bit Stage software on 64bit Linux with "./rapidwiz -techstack" option using the source xml file,

Yes, Correct.

Here I believe it will install the 64bit "10.1.2 & 10.1.3" techstack oracle home binaries, Please advise Am I right or Wrong.

Yes, Correct. The techstack keyword is used to install '10.1.2 & 10.1.3'

If am right, In the target environment the "10.1.2 & 10.1.3" binaries will be 64bit and the previously below copied files from windows 32bit to Linux 64bit server will be remain same as 32bit in target server

Hmm, I would not actually use the terming 32 bit files, but rather would use the word 'COMPATIBLE' in 32 and 64 bit OS. But anyhow it will use the 32 bit files that you have copied from the Source system.

So the APPL_TOP files will be 32bit and the remaining home like (COMMON_TOP, 10.1.2 & 10.1.3) will be the 64bit in target Linux server.

Correct, as these are compatible files, and that is the reason why the APPL_TOP is been asked to copy from the Source system.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks &

Best Regards,

• 20. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
                  Athish

Hi,

Thanks for the update,

I understood the environment now, And also i have one query here please suggests me.

Once the database and application is migrated to Linux 64bit environment, In future if i need to apply any patches in EBS application on the appl top, Since the appl top is 32bit files and I believe it is COMPATIBLE for existing 64 bit OS.

So for applying patch in the respective appl top here i have to go with 64bit patches its correct, please advise me.

Regards

Athish

• 21. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Correct, search/look for 64-bit patches and apply them. If 64-bit patches are not available then download and apply 32-bit patches.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 22. Re: EBS R12 Migration from WindowsR2 32bit to Linux32bit
                      Athish

Hi,

Thanks for the update,

In couple of days i will initiate the migration activity process and i shall update you the status once its done.

Once again thanks for you all,

Regards

Athish

1 2 Previous Next