This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 4:17 AM by 984091 RSS

How to set Proxy for IE 8.0 on doing Load Testing with OATS 12.1.0.2

984091 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have tried adding proxy server by adding the address to "Localhost" and Port as 8080.

but nothing is working out, for recording an EBS instance its working fine ,no need to setup anything in the OATS tool, eg, Proxy settings.

But when it comes to BPM  with ADF technology , the recorder is not starting the Recording even the pointer navigation also not wokring.

So, is there way to record the ADF applications in BPM ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to set Proxy for IE 8.0 on doing Load Testing with OATS 12.1.0.2
    byrne_wayne Explorer

Hi,

I'm not sure how you're IE network seeting are configured....but never use localhost during the recording of Load scripts (as this bypasses the proxy). Try using the IP address or hostname instead.

Regards

Wayne.

• 2. Re: How to set Proxy for IE 8.0 on doing Load Testing with OATS 12.1.0.2
    984091 Newbie

Hi Wayne,

Thing is do we need to add the proxy server here?, as for doing Load testing on EBS application,there is no need of adding a proxy server,

So the same way it should work with the ADF application too, but its not showing any mouse pointer in the Browser tool bar or recording

the navigation.

Point to be noted is, we need to connect to VPN in order to access the Application.

is it because of VPN connection that its not recording?

But while doing the functional testing I didn't face anyproblem though as its recording everything even if we are connected to VPN.

In Functional testing also i found ,all the input fields where we add the "username" or any input data via a "text box" the tool is not able to

record the field information along with the input we enter.

If you could let me know ,how to do a Load testing for ADF application using BPM , it would be helpful

Thanks

Atish

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points