5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 9:21 AM by Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle Branched to a new discussion. RSS

sybase connect problem

lili5059

I'm using SQL Developer version 4.0.

I downloaded the jTDS driver version 1.3.1 from sourceforge

and configured the jar using the Third-party JDBC drivers option in Preferences.

I am able to do a 'Test' connection successfully, but when I try the 'Retrieve database' button. I get

Status: Failure -SQL Anywhere Error -121:Permission denied: you do not have permission to use the "CREATE PROCEDURE" statement

So, I thought, OK, I'll just add the database I need to use in the connection.xml file, but that also doesn't connect.

Here is the entry from the connections.xml file (xxx replaces sensitive info):

<Reference name="Stone" className="oracle.jdeveloper.db.adapter.DatabaseProvider" xmlns="">
            <Factory className="oracle.jdevimpl.db.adapter.DatabaseProviderFactory1212"/>
            <RefAddresses>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="port">
                  <Contents>2638</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="user">
                  <Contents>dbuser</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="NoPasswordConnection">
                  <Contents>true</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="subtype">
                  <Contents>Sybase</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="sybase_default_password">
                  <Contents>false</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="Connection-Color-For-Editors">
                  <Contents>-4144960</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="hostname">
                  <Contents>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="RaptorConnectionType">
                  <Contents>Sybase</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="ConnName">
                  <Contents>Stone</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="customUrl">
                  <Contents>jdbc:jtds:sybase://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2638/monitordb;maxStatements=0</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="password">
                  <Contents>xxxxxxxxx</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="SavePassword">
                  <Contents>true</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
               <StringRefAddr addrType="driver">
                  <Contents>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</Contents>
               </StringRefAddr>
            </RefAddresses>
         </Reference>

Here is the stacktrace when I try to open the node to the connection in the Connections panel

java.lang.NullPointerException
          at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.registerBuilders(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:389)
          at oracle.javatools.db.AbstractDatabase.<init>(AbstractDatabase.java:93)
          at oracle.javatools.db.ddl.DDLDatabase.<init>(DDLDatabase.java:49)
          at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.<init>(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:59)
          at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerDatabaseImpl.<init>(AdaptiveServerDatabaseImpl.java:107)
          at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerAnywhereDatabaseImpl.<init>(AdaptiveServerAnywhereDatabaseImpl.java:148)
          at oracle.javatools.db.sybase.AdaptiveServerDatabaseFactory.createDatabaseImpl(AdaptiveServerDatabaseFactory.java:42)
          at oracle.javatools.db.DatabaseFactory.createDatabaseImpl(DatabaseFactory.java:299)
          at oracle.javatools.db.DatabaseFactory.createDatabase(DatabaseFactory.java:272)
          at oracle.jdeveloper.db.DatabaseConnections.getDatabase(DatabaseConnections.java:795)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections$ConnectionInfo.getDatabase(Connections.java:172)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections.getConnection(Connections.java:1157)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.utils.Connections.getConnection(Connections.java:1131)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.DatabaseConnection.openConnectionImpl(DatabaseConnection.java:117)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.AbstractConnectionNode.getConnection(AbstractConnectionNode.java:30)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.impl.DatabaseTreeNode.getObjectFactory(DatabaseTreeNode.java:77)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.impl.DatabaseTreeNode$LoadTask.doWork(DatabaseTreeNode.java:128)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.db.impl.DatabaseTreeNode$LoadTask.doWork(DatabaseTreeNode.java:102)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTask.call(RaptorTask.java:193)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
          at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$RaptorFutureTask.run(RaptorTaskManager.java:533)
          at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Is this truly a permission issue, or is there something else at play here?

Thanks.