3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 1:41 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

Upgrade from 10g OCP to 11g OCP

I have 10g OCP.. To upgrade it to 11g OCP, I know I have to take 11g new features certification. But my question is, Can I take 11g OCP instead of 11g new features to upgrade it to 11g OCP from 10g OCP?? Please clarify.

• 1. Re: Upgrade from 10g OCP to 11g OCP
          Hemant K Chitale

The upgrade path is the single 11g New Features exam.  Why would you want to do the full 11g OCP exam ?

Hemant K Chitale

• 2. Re: Upgrade from 10g OCP to 11g OCP
            matthew_morris

Can I take 11g OCP instead of 11g new features to upgrade it to 11g OCP from 10g OCP??

The 11G OCP is a SQL exam, plus the Admin I and Admin II exams, plus a hands-on training requirement.  The SQL exam you already have, but theoretically you would need to meet the other three requirements.  OU might exempt the 11G training requirement since you presumably met it for your 10G OCP.  However, you would probably have to petition it at least.

At best, though, you would be trading one exam for two -- adding to the expense and time required to get your 11G OCP.  As Hemant asks... why would you do that to yourself?  I've always found the upgrade exams to be some of the easier ones to study for and pass.  I wrote an article reviewing my experience with the exam here:

Oracle 1Z0-050: Upgrading Your Oracle 10G DBA Certification to 11G | GoCertify

• 3. Re: Upgrade from 10g OCP to 11g OCP
              Brandye Barrington-Oracle

To confirm - you can upgrade from 10g DBA OCP to 11g DBA OCP by following the 11g DBA OCA and OCP paths. Meaning you'd have to pass a SQL exam if you have not already passed one, exam 1Z0-052 and exam 1Z0-053 (as Matthew mentioned above). You would not be required to take additional training.

Regards,
              Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator