10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 4:56 AM by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler RSS

Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname

user10312990

I have installed An Oracle Database 12c and further planning to install Enterprise Manager 12c CC on top of this,

Since occassionally my system IP changes due to dhcp configuration, hence i prefer using hostnames instead of IP address and further update hosts.properties file iwthin C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

further in case if i have to change the hostname of my machine, is there any utility that will help to update the hostname across properties files of all the Enterprise Manager components ?

Also when installing 12c EMCC, i understand there is a pre-requisite to deconfig dbcontrol.

In my case when i run from on Oracle 12c Database home, - emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop,

I get unkown command error.

C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\BIN>emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop

'emca' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\app\Oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\BIN>

kindly guide from where do i run the deconfig command or whether is it really required or not

• 1. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
          DK2010

Hi,

In 12c there is Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Express check this :Getting Started with Database Administration

HTH

• 2. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
            user10312990

yes its there

the URL i got during database creation read as below

EM Database Express URL = https://ntejani-vbox1:5500/em

Regards,

Nayan

• 3. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
              DK2010

Hi,

So what is the Issue now.. check the Doc.  and try to login

• 4. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                user10312990

hi,

no issue regarding the database.

need your guidance to understand if i can continue with Installation of Oracle 12c Enterprise Manager Cloud Control with this current config or need to deconfig any repos, etc ?

regards,

Nayan

• 5. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                  user10312990

Is there any reference link detailing about

Oracle 12c Enterprise Manager Cloud Control on top of Oracle 12c Database?

if yes, kindly share. so that i revisit the prerequisites for EMCC with 12c database before proceeding with installation.

earlier i had oracle 11g database and then installed EMCC 12c on top of it... have a doc for same...

however 11g database version 11.1.0.1 doesnt support Oracle Real Application Testing.

So I had to clean-up and de-install the entire repository and database --> further fresh installed Oracle 12c Database

Regards,

Nayan

• 6. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                    DK2010

Hi,

I didnot  try this, but i think you can configure 12c cloud control with that configuration. check this doc:Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Delivers Comprehensive Management for Oracle Database 12c

HTH

• 7. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                      user10312990

ok fine sure..will definitely give an attempt and share the outcome.

one quick check...

Since occassionally my system IP changes due to dhcp configuration, hence i prefer using hostnames instead of IP address and further update hosts.properties file iwthin C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

further in case if i have to change the hostname of my machine, is there any utility that will help to update the hostname across properties files of all the Enterprise Manager components ?

Regards,

Nayan

• 8. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                        user10312990

Hi DK,

It seems to be working.

just an interim update.

Initiated installation of the 12c Enterprise Manager CC on top of Oracle 12c Database and it went through well with the pre-requisites check and installation.

As of now, OMS configuration is Completed. Plugins Deployment and Configuration is In-Progress..

Thanks n Regards,

Nayan

• 9. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                          user10312990

Hi,

Just an update further.

The 12 EMCC installation of all components completed except for Agent Configuration Assistant.

View Log of Agent Configuration Assistant :

~~~~

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:About to execute plug-in Agent Configuration Assistant

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:The plug-in Agent Configuration Assistant is running

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Internal PlugIn Class: oracle.sysman.agent.config.AgentConfiguration

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Classpath = E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\oui\jlib\srvm.jar;E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\jlib\agentConfig.jar;E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\jlib\emConfigInstall.jar;E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\sysman\jlib\emagentSDK.jar;E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\modules\oracle.http_client_11.1.1.jar;E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\sysman\jlib\log4j-core.jar

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentConfiguration:agent configuration has been started

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Parametes passed to agent configuration are:

1.ORACLE_HOME=E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0

2.AGENT_PORT=

3.ORACLE_HOSTNAME=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com

4.b_doDiscovery=true

5.AGENT_BASE_DIR=E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent

6.AGENT_INSTANCE_HOME=null

7.s_hostname=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com

8.OMS_HOST=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com

9.b_startAgent=true

10.b_secureAgent=true

11.b_chainedInstall=true

12.b_forceConfigure=false

13.EM_UPLOAD_PORT=4899

14.b_forceAgentDefaultPort=false

15.s_staticPorts=

16.PROPERTIES_FILE=

b_skipValidation=false

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Validating OMS_HOST and EM_UPLOAD_PORT

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:EM Protocol Switch determined: https

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Performing free port detection..

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Trying for host : NTEJANI-VBOX1/127.0.0.1 and port : 3872

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Trying for host : NTEJANI-VBOX1/10.180.63.214 and port : 3872

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent: Trying for host : /127.0.0.1 and port : 3872

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:** Agent Port Check completed successfully.**

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent: The agent port is 3872

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Paths after canonical format conversions are :

1. state_dir=E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst

2. agentBaseDir=E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent

3. oraHome=E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Parent directory of agent instance home:E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentConfiguration:perform:AgentPortHandler for E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0 and hosts=NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com returned Port to Use=3872

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Instantiating emctl.template file #DEFAULT_EMSTATE# with E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Writing the following contents into E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\install\oragchomelist

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0:E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Both /etc/oragchomelist and /var/opt/oracle/oragchomelist does not exist.

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Executing emctl deploy agent command...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentConfiguration: Executing emctl deploy agent command...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Executing the command: cmd /c set NEED_EXIT_CODE=1&&E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\bin\emctl.bat deploy agent -L -o NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:4899 -N E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:3872 NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating shared install...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Source location: E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Destination (shared install) : E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Secure Mode: No

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:DeployMode : agent

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating directories...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating private.properties...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating blackouts.xml...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating targets.xml...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating emctl control program...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Creating emtgtctl control program...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Agent will not be secured.

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Secure REPOSITORY_URL found. New agent should be configured for secure mode

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Secure emdWalletSrcUrl found. New agent should be configured for secure mode

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3 

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Property 'agentTZRegion' is  missing from E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst/sysman/config/emd.properties. Updating it...

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:An agentTZregion of 'Asia/Calcutta' is installed in E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst/sysman/config/emd.properties.

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:The command: cmd /c set NEED_EXIT_CODE=1&&E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0\bin\emctl.bat deploy agent -L -o NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:4899 -N E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:3872 NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com completed with status=0

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Exit value -1

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentUpgradeMain CreateService FAILED: The specified service already exists.

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Failed in creating service Oracleagent12c1Agent

SEVERE: oracle.sysman.top.agent:Agent configuration has failed

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentConfiguration:agent configuration finished with status = false

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:AgentConfiguration:agent configuration finished with status = false

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.agent:The plug-in Agent Configuration Assistant has failed its perform method

~~~

I tried Starting the agent and it started successfully. But pingOMS failed and also in agent status,, it shows OMS unreachable

below is the commands i executed

~~~~

E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst\bin>emctl start agent

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3

Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Oracleagent12c1Agent service is starting..................

The Oracleagent12c1Agent service was started successfully.

E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst\bin>emctl pingOMS

---------------------------------------------------------------

EMD pingOMS error: An internal error has occurred at the agent: "unable to send response". Check the agent's error logs for details.

E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst\bin>emctl status agent

Agent Version     : 12.1.0.3.0

OMS Version       : (unknown)

Protocol Version  : 12.1.0.1.0

Agent Home        : E:/EnterpriseMgr/agent/agent_inst

Agent Binaries    : E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\core\12.1.0.3.0

Agent Process ID  : 3884

Parent Process ID : 6060

Agent URL         : http://NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:3872/emd/main/

Repository URL    : https://NTEJANI-VBOX1.in.oracle.com:4899/empbs/upload/

Started at        : 2013-09-06 11:23:37

Started by user   : NTEJANI-VBOX1$

Last Reload       : (none)

Last successful upload                       : (none)

Last attempted upload                        : (none)

Total Megabytes of XML files uploaded so far : 0

Number of XML files pending upload           : 0

Size of XML files pending upload(MB)         : 0

Available disk space on upload filesystem    : 82.39%

Collection Status                            : Collections enabled

Heartbeat Status                             : OMS is unreachable

Last attempted heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-09-06 11:25:36

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : (none)

Next scheduled heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-09-06 11:26:06

Agent is Running and Ready

E:\EnterpriseMgr\agent\agent_inst\bin>

~~~

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Nayan

• 10. Re: Is there any Enterprise Manager Utility that can help update the Hostname
                            Akanksha Sheoran Kaler

Database 12c is not certified to be used while installing EM cloud control 12.1.0.x .  DB12c cant house the EM repository so your install will fail or you will see unexpected behavior.

Pls check the EM 12c certification matrix :

1. Log in to My Oracle Support.
                            2. Click the Certifications tab.
                            3. On the Certifications page, in the Certification Search region, from the Product list, select one of the following:
                              • Enterprise Manager Base Platform - OMS, to view the certification for OMS.

• Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Agent, to view the certification for Management Agent.
                            4. From the Release list, select 12.1.0.3.0, and click Search.