This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 5:35 AM by MichaelSmithson RSS

Oracle Primavera P6 Professional Attached Text Linked Directly to An Activity Delete Problem

MichaelSmithson Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

We have a strange situation:

In one instance of Oracle Primavera P6 Professional (8) we have Attached Text which is Linked Directly (i.e. dependent) to an Activity.  I am unsure how this was achieved, because in another instance of Oracle Primavera P6 Professional (8) we have Attached Text which is NOT Linked Directly (i.e. independent) to an Activity; i.e. the situation is not duplicated in all instances of Oracle Primavera P6 Professional (8).  Both instances are standalone on separate PCs.

The problem is when we want to Delete attached text which no longer applies (e.g. last month it was valid, but this month, we no longer want to display the attached text); in the first instance, when we select the attached text and click on the DELETE key, we get a prompt to delete the "linked" activity!  However we do NOT want to delete the activity, we only want to delete the attached text.  In the second instance we have no such problem and we can deleted the attached text as desired.

For the first instance we have a workaround which is to double click the attached text and remove the text, so all that remains is a blank attached text "box", then saving the layout, but this is not ideal/desired; we want to delete the attached text.

Does anyone have any ideas?

What should we be looking at with regards to Settings/Options, etc.

With Thanks in Advance, and Best Regards, Michael

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points