3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 9:57 PM by Brett R-Oracle RSS

Unable to load data to Endeca server in distributed environment

Hi,

The endeca server and studio (of Endeca 3.0) are on a Linux machine(racksapce). The integrator is placed on a windows machine( part of local network). I am able to create data domain and load attribute configuration by running graphs in integrator. But I am unable to load data! It throws an error as Couldn't connect to machinex:<port_number>. How is that I am able to create data domain and even load attribute configuration details but unable to load data!! I am able to load data being in Linux machine but unable to load from windows machine . Could someone help here. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Unable to load data to Endeca server in distributed environment
          Lilys-Oracle

Are you using Integrator Server? We have a similar setup, and we use Integrator Server to set up a sandbox for the project. Then in our windows environment, we use integrator to open the project as a CloverETL Server Project. We are able to run all the graphs from integrator, including load data graphs.

• 2. Re: Unable to load data to Endeca server in distributed environment
            RLJII

Did you confirm that the host and port are correctly configured in the graphs on the Windows machine?

I realize it's a basic question, but sometimes, the basic questions are the easiest to overlook.

RLJII

• 3. Re: Unable to load data to Endeca server in distributed environment
              Brett R-Oracle

This type of problem can be caused by network hostname configuration issues, and/or DNS/name-resolver problems.

Integrator and Endeca Server use a slightly different mechanism when establishing the host:port for the different config/ingest operations, which can explain why your config operations may succeed, only for the ETLGraph to fail when it gets to the point of loading actual records through the bulk load interface.

Check the hostname you have assigned on your Endeca Server.  If this is "localhost" then you will likely have problems using the Bulk Load Interface from a remote machine e.g. running Integrator or Integrator Server.  This is because Integrator makes a web-service call to ES to obtain the correct hostname:port for bulk load.  You can further test this with endeca-cmd:

./endeca-cmd.sh allocate-bulk-load-port <insert-your-rw-dd-name-here>

Bulk load host: my-host-name

Bulk load port: 7020

Again, if the response here is "localhost", remote bulk loads will fail, and you will need to reconfigure networking on your server.

If you are getting "localhost", follow your OS instructions to modify the hostname on the machine.  You may then need to re-initialize your Endeca Server instance, as its persistence is local hostname-sensitive.