1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 4:19 AM by viksjp RSS

Passing multiple select value from BI publisher to PL/SQL functions

viksjp

Hi - I have designed a report which pass parameters (Multi select) into a function to get the output result. When a single parameter value is passed to the function, report is being displayed. When multi select value is passed to the function it is returning the error `wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'F_PROCESS_WAVE_DATA'. When i checked the parameters passed to the function, i can see each multi select value is treated as different value and is assigned to different parameter in the function.

Any help on passing the multi select parameter into function will be helpful.

Regards,
      Vikram.

• 1. Re: Passing multiple select value from BI publisher to PL/SQL functions
          viksjp

All - Issue was resolved. I followed the following steps to resolve the issue

1. Create a PL/SQL table type variable as VARCHAR2 in the database - Say as Larray

2. Create PL/SQL type record and table for the record in database. Lrec, Ltable

3. In BI report pass multiple select LOV variable as Larray(variable).

4. In DB function, Parameter should be defined as LARRAY.

5. Return PL/SQL table type Ltable from the function.

Regards,
          Vikram.