Possibly the directory structure containing your connections.xml is not writable. Check the value of Help -> About -> Properties -> ide.user.dir.
If the directory specified there is not writable, then neither will the connections.xml file further down below the system184.108.40.206.27 folder for 4.0 EA1.
This can happen if your company policy defaults your ide.user.dir privilege to read-only, whether on a network drive or even on your local disk.
You can override the ide.user.dir default value by placing the following line in your ...\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf file:
Hope this helps,
SQL Developer Team
I have tried the instructions as provided above and still experience the same issue. On the Logging Page it indicates that SQL Developer is not able to decrypt the passwords for the connections.
|SEVERE||275||0||oracle.jdevimpl.db.adapter.ReferenceWorker$PBEWorker||Password decryption failed for connection UB|
|SEVERE||274||0||oracle.jdevimpl.db.adapter.ReferenceWorker$PBEWorker||Password decryption failed for connection TX|
|SEVERE||273||0||oracle.jdevimpl.db.adapter.ReferenceWorker$PBEWorker||Password decryption failed for connection STRPT|
I hope this provides some insight to the issue that a few of us are having since upgrading to the 220.127.116.11 build 12.27
As Jeff mentioned, there were some changes made to how connections are stored, and in particular how passwords are stored. This shouldn't impact users that migrate settings, and in our testing, it doesn't.
However, there are obviously cases where there is an impact. If you could provide detailed steps of how you upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0 and when the issue arose, I would appreciate it.
Hopefully this will help create a testcase so we can track down the problem.
SQL Developer Team
I did migrate from the default version that was presented which was 3.2.20.09.87 (I believe). It seems like the first time I opened 4.0 the passwords did work. I have 48 connections and the results were the same for each of the connections.
Since I last posted this morning I did find :
I tried the steps listed here and had no luck but if instead of importing the exported file I browsed and imported the connections.xml file from the prior version it seems to work. I have opened it and closed it several times and it seems to still remember the connection passwords (unkown if the issue will return or not).
Always install into an empty directory! From the release notes:
"All new releases of SQL Developer require a full installation. Download and unzip the file into an empty folder"