2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 9:04 AM by user11992311 RSS

System setup/installation to use Forms and Reports 11g

user11992311

We are a high education organization. We recently get a request from faculty to create an Oracle environment for academic purpose. We have Oracle database 11g installed on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit server. Faculty require to use Froms and Reports 11g. My questions is what will be the basic minimum set up to make that happen? Can we also install the WLS with Forms and Reports on the same server that the database is on, then only install Forms and Reports client part on user workstations? Can somebody provide any documentation that can help on this issue? Thanks.

• 1. Re: System setup/installation to use Forms and Reports 11g
          andrewmy

Michael Ferrante's post in this thread has a list of useful documents

How to run Oracle Forms app on local PC?

For your server configuration you should be looking for the Windows 64 bit version of Weblogic Server and Forms.

> My questions is what will be the basic minimum set up to make that happen?

The system requirement guide in the link above will have all the information you need

> Can we also install the WLS with Forms and Reports on the same server that the database is on

Yes, assuming your server meets the combined requirements for both products, although I prefer to keep them separated for ease of administration.

> ..then only install Forms and Reports client part on user workstations?

For Forms 11g there is no installation required on the client to run forms applications (other than JRE). However if the user workstations will be used to run the forms builder and reports builder used to create the forms and reports modules, you will need to install Weblogic and Forms (Developer install type) on each workstation.

One note of caution: Forms 11g is extremely sensitive to the versions of the components - Weblogic Server, Forms, Java, Internet Explorer, etc. I would use only the versions certified in the certification matrix in the link above.

• 2. Re: System setup/installation to use Forms and Reports 11g
            user11992311

Thanks, andrewmy. I will follow the link you provided.