This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 12:10 AM by d8392227-3f02-451d-8311-a7d756de4819 RSS

Adding Calendar in BAM Reports

d8392227-3f02-451d-8311-a7d756de4819 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have to select FromDate and ToDate dynamically and generate the reports only for the date selected.

I tried things like Within current Minute, Within time Period 1 minute Ago and so on. but it doesn't meet my requirements.

I should be able to select any date, any year and any month and be able to view the reports for that period.

Adding a Calendar in the report prompts could be the the right option.

Can anyone help me on how to add Calendar to the surface prompts in Oracle BAM Reports

Regards,

Nataraj R.

• 1. Re: Adding Calendar in BAM Reports
    S.Ananth Explorer

You can achieve this by adding a Filter with custom parameters/prompts on the report.

- Edit the report. Create new parameters/prompts, for example: FromDateParam and ToDateParam (as datetime types) with 'Prompt the user to specify a value' option selected and User input type as 'Type in'. You can specify a default value for the parameters.

- Under Filter tab, add filter expressions - in this scenario here, for example, it will be FromDate >= [Parameter:FromDateParam] and ToDate <= [Parameter:ToDateParam].

When the report is opened to view, the system will prompt for the FromDate and ToDate to be entered/input by the user (calendar widget will be available to select the dates).

Hope this addresses your requirement!

• 2. Re: Adding Calendar in BAM Reports
    d8392227-3f02-451d-8311-a7d756de4819 Newbie

Thanks a lot for the response. I have done that.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points