6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 3:11 PM by 847750 RSS

Multiple HFM applications

Hi,

Can we have multiple HFM applications in one FDM target appln.

I have copied existing HFM adapter and created a new HFM adapter.

But, how can I switch between 2 HFM applications in FDM integration settings.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Multiple HFM applications
          user10757003

Yes you can. To set the integration controls you either need to do it in Workbench against the specific adaptor, or, in the web client, add the new adaptor to a location, then select that location as the POV. By going then to the integration settings option, the details for the adaptor relating to the selected POV location (and new adaptor) can be updated.  

• 2. Re: Multiple HFM applications

Hi,

When I select the location POV with new HFM adapter and go to application settings - system code to new HFM adapter,Integration settings to new HFM app.

If I have to go back to the old HFMapp..do I hv to change it again..i mean shud this be done..every time we switch between 2 FDM locations (with separate HFM target appln.)

Thanks

• 3. Re: Multiple HFM applications
              SH

No. Once you have set the integration adapter options for each adapter they are fixed. You would only need to repeat this process if you wanted to edit either of the adapter configurations again.

• 4. Re: Multiple HFM applications

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to populate control tables for HFM adapter and I see it shows only period( as it shows for pull adapter) and not start and end periods which we get for HFM adapter. We also have pull adpater in our FDM appln. Is this causing any issue.can you please let me know if we can get both start and end periods in copy of HFM adapter.

Thanks in adavance

• 5. Re: Multiple HFM applications
                  user10757003

Updating the period (and category tables)  when using multiple target applicaitons is a bit of  pain. The period table associated with the default adaptor in the system code field of the applicaiton settings is the only table where new records can be inserted. All the other tables are update only. I am assuming that you have selected the new adaptor from the pull-down at the top of the period table screen.

the easiest option is to change the system code in the application settings to tbe the new HFM adaptor code, which will hten set it as the default. this will then set the peirod / category table for the adaptor to be the default allowing new records to be inserted as well as updating the existing records. Once completed, then just revert the system code back the original default (although i think it may not really be necessary unless you are using it specifically in any bespoke scripting as the system appears to handle it)  

• 6. Re: Multiple HFM applications

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have changed system code in application settings to the new HFM adapter.Now, I see Prior date key (as it normally appears for HFM adpater).But, when I see periods for original HFM adapter, I do not see prior date key.

Is this default behaviour , where we can see proper data for control tables -> periods only when we set specific HFM adapter as Global(system code in application settings).Is it not possible to see proper period values for all HFM adpaters...

Thanks