0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 8:41 AM by Robert RSS

RPD file upgrade from 10g to 11g error:  Error in starting opmn server

Robert

Dear All,

We have to upgrade an RPD repository file and the catalog from 10 g to 11 g. We use the Oracle Fussion Middleware Upgrade Assistant tool.

BI Service (BI server version: 11.1.1.6).

The operation failed, and we got the following error message:

[2013-09-06T12:03:51.117+02:00] [BIEE] [ERROR] [upgrade.BIEE] oracle.as.management.opmn.optic.OpticException: Error in starting opmn server[[ Operation aborted because of a system call failure or internal error   at oracle.as.management.opmn.optic.OpmnAdmin.executeCommand(OpmnAdmin.java:310)   at oracle.as.management.opmn.optic.OpmnAdmin.startOpmnServer(OpmnAdmin.java:87)   at oracle.ias.upgrade.config.oraclebi.OPMNUtil.startOpmn(OPMNUtil.java:46)   at oracle.ias.upgrade.config.oraclebi.OracleBIConfigUpgrade.doUpgrade(OracleBIConfigUpgrade.java:118)   at oracle.ias.upgrade.UpgradeSupport.doUpgrade(UpgradeSupport.java:1823)   at oracle.ias.upgrade.gui.UAUpgradeThread.run(UAUpgradeThread.java:503)

It is curious because the core applications are running (I performed the command "./opmnctl start" successfully) and I can open and use the services like WebLogic Administration Consol, Enterprise Manager, BI Enterprise Edition (Analytics) , BI Publisher etc.

But if I open the enterprise manager the core applications under the tab Fusion Middleware are marked with red (not running)

See screen shot regarding the overview:

http://s24.postimg.org/vdg0o83fp/enterprise_manager.png

If I click on the Core application link the core appilcations are marked with green (they are running).

See screen shot regarding the Core Applications:

http://s10.postimg.org/ogba45ke1/core_app.png

Problem:

1. the core applications are displayed as down in Enterprise Manager.
      2. I restarted the core applications in the Enterprise Manager successfully but under the tab Fussion Middleware they are still displayed as not running.

Does anybody ever had a problem like this. Thank you!

Regards, Robert