This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 8:12 AM by DouglasSixCgi RSS

Switch Portlet Provider dynamically

DouglasSixCgi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm working in an environment that uses many EAR to provide all Portlets defined in the WLP. When I have to fix a bug in a portlet, I would like to be able to start the EAR on my developpment computer and run the other EAR on the test servers.

That means, being able to select dynamically a specific portlet provider server (using maybe a querystring argument?).

Is that possible ? Probably I'll have to add some specific code in the Portal but I don't know where to start.

I've looked at the Interceptor Framwork but the HttpRequest seems to be readonly. So it may not be possible this way.

Any help would be usefull.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas.

• 1. Re: Switch Portlet Provider dynamically
    user10656774 Newbie

Hello Douglas,

i think that u are using WSRP.

You can put an apache server between your consumer and your producer application.

Emmanuel

• 2. Re: Switch Portlet Provider dynamically
    DouglasSixCgi Newbie

Sorry Emmanuel,

But the Apache Server is not really a solution because the apache server would be between the portal and the protlet provider. Though the switch between portlet providers would be easier with the Apache, it wouldn't be enough.

Indeed if one developer add a redirection in the Apache configuration to point to his own portlet provider and debug his portlet, then all the other developers would use its portlet provider.

I would rather think of a listener in the portal itself if possible.
    Thanks for your help

Douglas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points