2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 3:09 PM by Lars Hansen RSS

Reset af:inputText values and clear cache

Lars Hansen

Greeting everyone!

I use JDev Version 11.1.2.3.0

I have three af:inputText components, all pointin to persistent attributes from one VO. One of these fields gets it's value calculated (in a managed bean) from the others two values. This is done on value change of these two fields. The problem is when i reset these other two fields (meaning, when i delete the content inside of them). The value on the third field does not to change at first. From the controls i've done, it seems that it keeps a value in a cache. So when i clear the first field, the value of the third field remains the same, and when i clear the value from the second field too, then the third field gets the value cleared from the second field.

I know this might be a bit confusing so here is the basic code snippet i've tried:

public void getTotalContractInfo(ValueChangeEvent valueChangeEvent) {

System.out.println("A value is changing!");

if (tvshContractInfo.getValue()!= null && it14.getValue()!= null) {

BigDecimal x = new BigDecimal(tvshContractInfo.getValue().toString());

BigDecimal y= new BigDecimal(it14.getValue().toString());

BigDecimal i = new BigDecimal(100);

BigDecimal m = (y.multiply(x)).divide(i);

totalContractInfo.setValue(y.add(m));

}

else if (tvshContractInfo.getValue()== null && it14.getValue()!= null){

totalContractInfo.setValue(Integer.parseInt(it14.getValue().toString()));

}

else if (it14.getValue()== null ){

it14.resetValue();

totalContractInfo.resetValue();

}

Any ideas what is happening? I've tried several techniques to refresh the components or clear the binding cache, but none of them seems to work.

Thank you in advance!