2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 2:47 AM by DilipG RSS

Cheat sheet for deploying OAF customizations

Cornell

We have some extended pages and a new page developed with JDeveloper, which is using our development database.

I'm new at this, and I think I want to...

To deploy it to the development application server, from the developer's machine, we:

1. Don't do anything with personalizations, ther're already in the database.
      2. Definition (xml) files for PG and RN get zipped, copied and unzipped, then imported into the database via the import script.
      3. AM, VO, CO classes and xml's get zipped from myclasses, the zip copied to the application server, unzipped under $JAVA_TOP.
      4. Substitutions get put into the database with jpximport run against the project jpx file.

When deploying from development to QA (or QA to Prod)

1. Using Functional Administrator, export personalizations, copy resulting files to QA, check that responsibility ID's correspond, import.
      2. PG and RN zip file is copied to QA, unzipped, then imported into the database via the import script.
      3. AM, VO, CO zip file is copied to QA, unzipped, then unzipped under $JAVA_TOP.
      4. What about substitutions? They're exported along with personalizations (server site/0), can they be imported as personalizations?  Or do we need to go back to the jpx file and use jpximport?

Am I missing something, does this seem right?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Cheat sheet for deploying OAF customizations
          Siva Prasad Nidimamidi

Hi,

Everything seems o.k..

One more point about vo substitute, you will have to run jpx important I guess.

• 2. Re: Cheat sheet for deploying OAF customizations
            DilipG

Hi Cornell,

Your Steps is correct.

Also,You have to run Xml Importer and JpxImporter Again for new Instance.

Run the import scripts for the PG and RN files.

Please see below Import Command

java \

oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.XMLImporter \

/$JAVA_TOP/xxtest/oracle/apps/asn/orderstatus/webui/OrderPG.xml \

-username <apps username> \

-password <apps password> \

-rootdir /$JAVA_TOP/ \

-dbconnection "(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=<Host Name>)(PORT=<Port Number>)) (CONNECT_DATA= (SID=<SID Name>)))"

You need to run below jpximporter for substutution on new instance.

Using the example on substituting the OrderVo view object from  Order.jpx, your command line

would look something like the following:

java oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.JPXImporter $JAVA_TOP/xyz/jpxFiles/Order.jpx \

-username <apps username> \

-password <apps password> \

-dbconnection "(description=(address_list=(address=(community=tcp.world)(protocol=tcp)

(host=<Host Name>)        (port=<PortNumber>)))(connect_data=(sid=<SID Name>)))"

Thanks,

Dilip