This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 11:53 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Exam section breakdown

997215 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Everyone,

For 1Z0-899 exam, is the distribution of scores for each section always the same?  For example, can I expect there to be 7 questions on "xyz" section on the next exam?

P.S. Here I don't mention real section name in case distribution is always the same so others wouldn't know what to expect

Thanks,

Victor.

• 1. Re: Exam section breakdown
    matthew_morris Expert

Brandye will have to provide an official answer on that, and she'll almost certainly have to talk to the exam developers.  I expect their answer to your question is going to be 'Not gonna tell ya'. 

From what little insight I have into the test creation process, I would be shocked if the answer to your question was 'Yes'.  The questions are not supposed to be constant from one exam to another, and the questions chosen for a given exam can't be (or shouldn't be) completely random lest the random question selector pull every single variant of question on 'A', 'B' and 'C' topics and zero questions about 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' topics.  However, I seriously doubt that the variations are so tightly constrained that you always have exactly the same number of questions on every topic.

• 2. Re: Exam section breakdown
    Brandye Barrington Expert

Each exam will be a little different as far as the number of questions for each section goes.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points