3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2013 12:15 PM by Chintu_Apps RSS

Oaf question

Hi actually i need to modify a msg in a page and i taken .class folder from the top and i placed in the myprojects and myclass folder and

when i am doing extensions to the CO to modify the msg its getting error the path is a not valid base class?

can anyone tell me the solution how to modify the msg.

• 1. Re: Oaf question

Hi Chintu,

Please copy your Supported  .class files to Proper Jdev Home folder Path.

Refer below link for more understanding on Controller Extension.

• 2. Re: Oaf question

Hi Chintu ,

Looking at your requirement I can suggest you the below solutions

1.  Do You want to change a message, isn't it ?

If it a Message, then you can change it without going to extension of the Controller.

Try this , execute the below query

select * from  fnd_new_messages where MESSAGE_TEXT like '%Put here the Message you are trying to alter%'

Get the message Message_name , go to Oracle AOL -> Application Developer -> Messaage - > Query and Change it.

2. If you want to extended the controller, then your extended class should be in Custom Top

Means refer the below lines

oracle.apps.irc.candidateSelfService.webui.EmployeeInfoCO; // Oracle Controller Class

then your custom class should be created as below

XXCUSTTOP.oracle.apps.irc.candidateSelfService.webui.XX_EmployeeInfoCO; //

Develop your custom controller and copy the class file to the folder located in $JAVA_TOP/XXCUSTTOP/oracle.apps.irc.candidateSelfService.webui.

Bounce the application server and test it.

• 3. Re: Oaf question

Thanks Raghu.