4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 8:37 AM by Dean Gagne-Oracle RSS

Not a Dba, trying a simple operation with expdp and impdp

Mac_Freak_Rahul

Hi All,

My Oracle database : 10G

I am not a DBA but I am stuck what looks like a simple operation, here is the context

I have exported 2 tables of HR schema using expdp and here is the command:

C:\>expdp hr/hr@ORCL tables=EMPLOYEES,DEPARTMENTS directory=ORACLE_BKP dumpfile=hr_e_d.dmp logfile=hr_e_d.log

so this part uptill now is without any issues, Now I am trying to use this dmp file 'hr_e_d.dmp' and want to put both these tables in a different schema which is pkg_utils and here is the command which is throwing the error:

C:\>impdp pkg_utils/pkg_utils@ORCL schemas=HR directory=ORACLE_BKP1 dumpfile=hr_

e_d.dmp

Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sunday, 08 September, 2013 14:51:04

Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Produc

tion

With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

ORA-31655: no data or metadata objects selected for job

ORA-39039: Schema expression " IN ('HR')" contains no valid schemas.

Master table "PKG_UTILS"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01" successfully loaded/unloaded

Starting "PKG_UTILS"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01":  pkg_utils/********@ORCL schemas=HR

directory=ORACLE_BKP1 dumpfile=hr_e_d.dmp

Processing object type TABLE_EXPORT/TABLE/TABLE_DATA

Job "PKG_UTILS"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01" successfully completed at 14:51:05

PS: the requirement is only to export employees,departments tables of HR schema to pkg_utils schema

Regards

Rahul