2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2005 10:23 PM by 446200 RSS

DTC and Oracle without using COM+

I have a C++ application that uses an Oracle 9i database and MSMQ. I want to use the DTC so I can create a single transaction to get a message off of the queue and then enter its data into the database.

My problem is that I can't find any information on how to do that. Most references are for using COM+ components. The microsoft web site has some information, however, it uses just sequel server (of course).

Does anyone know where I might find such information?

Your help will be appreciated?

Jerry J
        • 1. Re: DTC and Oracle without using COM+
          Jerry, have you looked into using C# and Enterprise Services with queued components?

I don't know if this will help you or not, but check out Juval's download area at IDesign, Inc.

http://www.idesign.net/idesign/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=8

There is a section on Enterprise Servers with a queued component example. In his training class he covers MSMQ.

Let me know the outcome of your efforts,

Tony
          • 2. Re: DTC and Oracle without using COM+
            Check it out distributed transaction without using COM+ from latticesoft.com:

Below is the code how to use it:

TransactionContext ctx = TransactionContextFactory.GetContext(TransactionLevel.RequiresNew);

Try
            {
            ctx.BeginTransaction();
            getMessageOffQueue();
            insertDatabase();
            ctx.Commit();
            }
            catch(EXception)
            {
            ctx.Rollback();
            LatticeLog.Log("message");
            }
            finally
            {
            ctx.Exit();
            }

Here is link: http://www.latticesoft.com
            looking for Lattice.DataMapper document, it will show you how to use Distributed Transaction API.