This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 3:40 AM by thanasis_agr RSS

HFM Process Control

973820 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

We are using HFM 11.1.2.2.302 and in the last month have started having issues when promoting/rejecting entites in Process Control.  The screen hangs, forcing the user to close the window/tab that they have the applicaton open in but when they log back in the action (promotion, rejection etc) shows as having completed.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

• 1. Re: HFM Process Control
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi there,

Can you see anything on the Eventlog or the windows activity log?

Regards,

Thanos

• 2. Re: HFM Process Control
    973820 Newbie

Hi Thanos

I can't see anything useful on the event log.  One thing I did notice a couple of days ago, in the Consolidation Administration area I could see a number of idle users sessions had built up over the last week (we clear them once a month) and all still had a status of 'Running'.  I logged all the old sessions out and got a user to test the promotions and it worked but was still quite slow.

I've raised an SR with Oracle about this issue and have now asked them if there's a way to automatically log users out after a certain amount of time so we don't get a big build up of sessions as I think this maybe causing slowness in the system elsewhere.  Their initial response to this issue was to check IE settings were as per recommended and to clear temp files.

Kind regards

Anneka 

• 3. Re: HFM Process Control
    Jeo123 Explorer

Are you sure that the process has truly finished when the user logs back in?  Typically if you force close a session, the proccess you were running will continue to run in the background.

Opening +'s may show that the process isn't frozen, it's actually just taking a long time.

• 4. Re: HFM Process Control
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi there,

Since it seems that there is no issue in HFM, can you please tell us how many entities a user tries to promote each time?

As Jeo said, the promote/ reject task is time consuming and it may require seconds or minutes depending on the number of entities or groups that you try to promote. However, it should not take more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Regards,

Thanos

• 5. Re: HFM Process Control
    973820 Newbie

Hi

Our entities are grouped by currency buckets which have anything from 3 - 20 entities underneath them.  It does appear that when promoting the smaller structures the promotion looks like it's working as a mesage comes back to the user almost instantly.  For the bigger structures I don't believe users are waiting very long for the return message - if the timer's still going round after 3 or 4 minutes they believe the application is hanging and close it down and login again where it then shows the units have been promoted.

However, even the biggest groups were very quick to promote prior to this and the last month end so I can see why the users are geting impatient and think there's an issue with the system.

In response to Jeo's question - Are you sure that the process has truly finished when the user logs back in? - I'm only going by what the grid shows when the user logs back in and that is that the units have been promoted to the next level.

Kind regards

Anneka

• 6. Re: HFM Process Control
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi Anneka,

Any changes or updates on the web servers?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points